- M. Pharm. From The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- B.Pharm. form The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
- Lecturer, Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu, India. October 2008-till date.
Other position held
- Lecturer, Royal college of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, July 2004-May 2005.
- Lecturer, Texcity College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, June 2005-March 2006.
- Synthesis and characterization of some novel Azetidinone and Thiazolidinone derivatives.
- Development and validation of analytical methods for the estimation of some herbal extracts and their commercial formulations by HPLC and LCMS techniques.
- Anti-inflammatory activity of myristica Fragrans Roots in Wistar rats, A.Shanish Antony, B. Samuel Thavamani, S.Gomathy, E.P.Kumar, R.Vadivelan, K.Elango and B.Suresh, Adv.pharmacol.Toxicol., 9(2), 2008, 73-76.
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some ciprofloxacin analogues. S.Jubie, Pranabesh Sikdar,R.Kalirajan,B.Gowramma,S.Gomathy, S.Sankar and K.Elango. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 3(3), 2010, 511-513. Impact factor 2.54.
- Synthesis and anticonvulsant screening of some novel 1, 3, 4 - thiadiazole derivatives. B. Gowramma, Kulkarni Aditi Avinash, S. Gomathy and Ravi kishore K., Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012, 5(1), 58-60.
- Microwave Assisted Synthesis and Biological Evaluation of Pyrazole Derivatives of Benzimidazoles, R. Kalirajan*, Leela Rathore, S.Jubie, B.Gowramma, S.Gomathy, S.Sankar and K.Elango, Indian J.Pharm. Educ. Res., 44(4), Oct - Dec, 2010, 358-362. (Impact factor 0.163).
- Microwave assisted synthesis of some novel pyrazole substituted benzimidazoles and evaluation of their biological activities, R Kalirajan*, Leela Rathore, S Jubie, B Gowramma, S Gomathy & S Sankar, Indian Journal of Chemistry, Vol.50B, Dec,2011, 1794-1799. (Impact factor 0.562).
- Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 6-arylidene-3-aryl-2,3,3a,4,5,6-hexahydrocyclopenta[c]pyrazoles/ oxazoles. Md. Afzal Azam, S. Gomathy, F. Alam, and B. Suresh Indian J. Heterocyl Chem., 2008;18:157-160.
- Preliminary Pharmacognostical, Phytochemical and Anti-bacterial studies on the leaves of Ervatamia coronaria (Jacq.) Stapf, B. Samuel Thavamani, A. Shanish Antony, S. Gomathy, Hamdard Med., 2009, 52(3), , 122-131.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of some 3- (methoxy phenyl)-2-aryl thiazolidin–4-one. S. Jubie, B. Gowramma, K. M. Nitin, N. Jawahar, R. Kalirajan, S. Gomathy, S. Sankar and K. Elango. Int. J. Pharm. Sci. 2009, 1(1), 32-38.
- Synthesis of some novel pyrazole substituted 9-anilino acridine derivatives and evaluation for their antioxidant and cytotoxic activities, R. Kalirajan*, V. Muralidharan, S. Jubie, B. Gowramma, S. Gomathy, S. Sankar and K. Elango, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 2012, 49, 748-754. (IF 1.22).
- Synthesis and Antimicrobial evaluation of some 2-Azetidinone derivatives. S. Jubie, B. Gowramma, Nitin K. Muthal, R. Kalirajan, S. Gomathy and K. Elango Int. J. Chem. Tech. Res., 2009, 1(2), 153-157.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of some Schiff bases of [4-(amino) -5- phenyl-l 4H-1, 2, 4-triazole-3-thiol. S. Jubie, A. Shanish Antony, Pranabesh Sikdar, R. Kalirajan, S. Gomathy, B. Gowramma and K. Elango. Pakistan J. Pharm. Sci. 2011, 24(2), 109-112. (IF 1.2).
- Synthesis, Characterization and antimicrobial evaluations of some novel 1,3,4-thiadiazole derivatives. B. Gowramma, S. Gomathy and R. Kalirajan. Int. J. Pharm.Sci. Res., 2011, 2, 1476-1479.
- Synthesis, Anticancer activity of some 2-(Bis-(2-chloroethyl) aminoacetyl)-3,5-disubstituted 1,2-pyrazolines. B. Gowramma S. Jubie, R. Kalirajan, S. Gomathy and K. Elango. Int. J. Pharm. Tech. Res.2009, 1(2), 347-352.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Synthesis, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory activities of some novel 2-Azetidinones bearing 1,3,4-thiadiazole nucleus” at the Indian Pharmaceutical Congress held at Manipal College of Pharmacy, Manipal University, Manipal, from 17th to 19th Dec’2010.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Synthesis and biological evaluation of some novel 4-thiazolidinones bearing 1,3,4-thiadiazole” at the National level seminar on stereo chemical adventures in the synthesis of challenging drug molecules held at PSG College of pharmacy, Coimbatore from 3rd to 4th Nov’2009.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Synthesis and pharmacological evaluation of some novel 2-azetidinone derivatives” at the National seminar on clinical and molecular approaches for drug discovery held at JSS College of Pharmacy, (JSS University, Mysore), Ooty, from 2nd to 3rd March 2012.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Synthesis and anticonvulsant activity of some novel 1- (5-aryl-1, 3, 4-thiadiazol-2-yl) urea derivatives” at 71st international congress of FIP-World Congress of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences 2011 held from 3rd to 8th Sept’ 2011, Hyderabad, India.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some 6-arylidene-3-aryl-2,3,3a,4,5,6-hexahydrocyclopenta [c] Pyrazoles/oxazoles” at the international level seminar on Indo-US bilateral symposium on frontiers in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery held at JSS College of Pharmacy, JSS University, Mysore, from 21-23rd April 2011.
Member in Professional Bodies
- Life membership of Indian Pharmaceutical Association (TN/NIL/LM/083)
- Registered Pharmacist of Tamil Nadu Pharmacy Council (8792/A1)