- 2003: Master of Pharmacy in Pharmacology, Rajiv Gandhi university of Health Sciences, Bangalore. First class
- 2000: Bachelor of Pharmacy, Rajiv Gandhi university of Health Sciences, Bangalore. First class
- Assistant Professor, TIFAC-Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Herbal Drugs (TIFAC-CORE HD), J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
Other Positions Held
- 2004-2007: Research Associate/Study Director, Toxicology, The Himalaya Drug Company, Bangalore.
- 2003-2004: Lecturer, Department of Pharmacology, Sri K. V. College of Pharmacy, Chickballapur.
- 2001: Production Chemist, The Himalaya Drug Co. Bangalore.
- Development and validation of animal models for pharmacological screening of test compounds in the therapeutic areas, such as Diabetes, Cancer, Osteoporosis, pain and inflammation, Hypertstension and Obesity.
- Carrying out toxicity studies as per the OECD and other regulatory guidelines
- Prashantha Kumar BR, Praveen TK, Nanjan MJ, Karvekar MD, Suresh B. Serum glucose and triglyceride lowering activity of some novel glitazones against dexamethasone induced hyperlipidemia and insulin resistance. Indian Journal of Pharmacology 2007: 39(6); 299-302.
- Prashantha Kumar BR, Bijoy J. Desai, Vergheese J, Praveen TK, Suresh B, Nanjan MJ. CoMFA Study on Thiazolidine-2,4-Diones for their Antihyperglycemic Activity. Letters in Drug Design & Discovery 2008: 5(2); 79-87.
- Rema Razdan, Prashanth Y, Praveen TK. Antidiabetic Effect Of Diasansar In Streptozotocin and Fructose Induced Type-2 Diabetes In Rats. Pharmacologyonline 2008: 1; 311-318.
- Praveen Thaggikuppe Krishnamurthy, Rema Razdan, Meera Neelathahalli Kasturirangan, Githa Kishore, Moola Joghee Nanjan Hepatoprotective activity of Scoparia dulcis linn. against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver cirrhosis in rats. Asian Journal of Traditional Medicines 2008: 3(4); 1-7.
- Praveen TK, Rema Razdan, Satheesh H. Effect of the aqueous extract of scoparia dulcis L. on CCl4 induced cytochrome p450 damage in rats. Pharmacologyonline 2008: 3; 831-836.
- Praveen TK, Dharmaraj S, Jitendra Bajaj, Dhanabal SP, Manimaran S, Nanjan MJ, Rema Razdan. Hepatoprotective activity of PDM extract of Scoparia dulcis L. against CCl4 induced acute liver injury in mice Indian Journal of Pharmacology (In press)
NUMBER OF RESEARCH PROJECTS SUPERVISED
- Dharmaraj S. "Hepatoprotective and free radical scavenging activity of PDM extract of Scoparia dulcis L." March 2008
- Jitendra Bajaj." Hepatoprotective activity of isolated terpenoids and terpenoid fractions of Scoparia dulcis L." October 2008
- Sherin Babu. "In vitro and in vivo alpha glucosidase inhibition activity of flavonoids fractions of Mimosa pudica Linn. March 2009.
- Tarke Santosh Ranganathrao. Phytochemical and pharmacological studies of Oxalis corniculata Linn. March 2009
- Abhishiek Sharma. In vitro antioxidant and hepatoprotective activity of flavonoids fractions of Scoparia dulcis L. March 2009.
- Salif. Antidiabetic activity of Symplocos racemosa (In progress)
- 7. Ambalica. Anti-apoptotic activity of different fractions of Moringa oleifera lam. (In progress)
FUNDS GENERATED THROUGH PHARMACOLOGY AND CONSULTANCY
- As Chief Invesigator, carried out Pharmacology and Toxicology consultancy work for industries and generated Rs. 15, 64, 935.00 between April 20, 2007 to May 1, 2009, with Dr. M.J. Nanjan, Director, TIFAC CORE HD, as Study Director.
PROJECTS SUBMITTED TO THE FUNDING AGENCIES FOR GRANTS
- Submitted a project entitled "Design, synthesis and evaluation of some novel glitazones as anti-diabetic agents" as co-investigator to ICMR for a grant of Rs. 35, 00,000.00 (Rupees thirty five lacs only), With Dr. M.J. Nanjan as Principal Investigator
- Project entitled "Pharmacological evaluation of novel dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitors as antidiabetic agents" is in process of submission to UGC for a grant of Rs. 20,00,000.00 (Rupess twenty lacs only), With Dr. M.J.N. Chandrasekar as Principal Investigator.