- (Ph.D), Department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty in JSS University Mysore.
- M.Pharm (Master of Pharmacy-Pharmacology), JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- B. Pharm (Bachelor of Pharmacy), Padmavathi College of Pharmacy, Dharmapuri, The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
- Completed my Cerrtificate Course in Computer Programming and Applications (CCPA)at Dheen systems Ooty
- Assistant Professor ,Department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu, India .Feb 2009-till date.
Other Positions Held
- Lecturer in Swami Vivekha Nandha College of Pharmacy , Tiruchengode, Tamilnadu, India .Jun 2002 to August 2003
- Lecturer in Nandhininagar Mahavidhyalaya College, of Pharmacy, Gonda U.P, India .Jun 2002 to September 2003
- Lecturer in Nandhininagar Mahavidhyalaya College, of Pharmacy, Gonda U.P, India .October 2003 to August 2004
- Assistant Professor Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, Allahabad Agricultural Institute-Deemed University -Allahabad, Gonda U.P, India .September 2004 to June 2006
- Lecturer ,Department of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu, India .July 2006 to Jan 2009.
- Research work with natural products
- Pharmacological and Toxicological Screening methods.
- National : 14
- International : 7
- R.Vadivelan, S.L. Harikumar, M.Jyoti. The importance of communication for hospital pharmacists, The Indian Journal of Hospital Pharmacy: Nov-Dec 2004, 211-212.
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, B.Suresh ,B.R.Ramesh. Pharmacological Validation of Musa paradisiaca bhasma for its antiulcer activity in albino rats-A Preliminary study, Ancient Science of Life: Vol: No.XXV, 2006, 67-70.
K.Elango,B.Suresh,B.R.Ramesh, R.Vadivelan, Sampath kumar. Standardization of Kantha chendooram, Ancient Science of Life: Vol: No.XXVI, 2006, 89-91.
- K.Elango T.Subburaju B.Suresh,B.R.Ramesh, and R.Vadivelan. Gastro protective and antioxidant effects of Siddha drug (musa paradisiaca bhasma) on experimentally induced gastric ulcers in rats, J. Res. Educ Indian Med: Jan-Mar 2007, 63-69.
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, B.Suresh, B.R.Ramesh, S,Bhadra, A,Raghu ram,R.Sampathkumar. Pharmacological validation of Kantha chendooram for anti ulcer activity in modified pylorus ligated (Shay) rat model, Ancient Science of Life: Vol: No.XXVII, 2007,38-43
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango,B.Suresh, M.N.Satishkumar,Shanish Antony, and P.Mallika. Pharmacological evaluation of Siddha drugs (Saranai root choornam,Chithira moola kuligai padikara parpam) for their anti ulcer activity, International Journal of Pharmacology and Biological Sciences: Vol.2 (1) 2008,143-146. (Impact factor-0.7)
- E.P.Kumar, Till Olickal, R.Vadivelan, T.Subburaju, and B.Suresh. Hepatoprotective activity of aqueous root extract of Tylophora indica, Indian Journal of Natural Products: 24,(1), 2008,29-33. (Impact factor-1.498)
- A.Shanish Antony, B.Samuel Thavamani, S.Gomathy, E.P.Kumar, R.Vadivelan, K.Elango and B.Suresh.Anti-inflammatory activity of Myristica fragrans roots in Wistar rats, Adv.Pharmacol.Toxicol: Vol.9 (2) 2008,73-76. (Impact factor-0.93)
- R.Vadivelan, P.Rajesh kumar, S.Bhadra, A.Raghuram, A.Shanish, K.Elango and B.Suresh. Antimicrobial evaluation of the ethanoloc root extract of Rubus ellipticus, The Pharmacist: 3(1), 2008, 19-21.
R.Vadivelan, K Elango, M.N.Satishkumar, A.Shanish Antony,S.Bhadra,A.Raghuram and B.Suresh. Biochemical studies on the antiulcerogenic potential of Rubus elipticus, Int. J. Chem. Sci: 6(4)2008, 2182-2188.
- R.Vadivelan.S Bhadra, AVS Ravi, K.Singh, A.SAhanish, K.Elango and B.Suresh. Evaluation of anti -inflammatory and membrane stabilizing property of ethanol root extract of Rubus ellipticus smith and albino rats, Journal of Natural remedies: Vol 9(1) 2009,74-78. (Impact factor-0.7)
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, B.Suresh, B.R.Ramesh, S,Bhadra, A,Raghu ram,R.Sampathkumar. Effect of siddha drug (Kantha chendooram) on indomethacin induced gastric ulcer lesions in rats, J. Res. Educ Indian Med: July-Sep 2008, 23-28.
R.Vadivelan, P.Rajesh kumar, S.Bhadra, A.Shanish, K.Elango and B.Suresh. Evaluation of antioxidant activity of rootsextracts of Rubus ellipticus(Smith), Hygeia: 1 (1), 2009,28-27.
- R.Vadivelan, A.Raghuram S.Bhadra, AVS Ravi, A.Shanish, M.N Satish Kumar K.Elango and B.Suresh. Anti-Inflammatory and membrane stabiling property of Aya Chendooram in Wistar rats-A Siddha drug, Pharmakine: Vol I(1),April-June ,2009 18-21
A.R. Srividhya, SameerKumar varma, S.P Dhanabal, R.Vadivelan, P.Vijayan. In Vitro and Invivo Evaluation of Hepatoprotective Activity of Gymnema Sylvestera, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology: Vol2 Issue 4 Januarty-March-2010, 768-773.
- Vadivelan R, Dhanabal S.P, Mohan Patil, Shanish A,Elango K and Suresh B. Antidiabetic activity of Mukia maderspatatna(L) roem in Alloxan induced diabetic rats, Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics:2(1), 2010,78-80.
Shanish Antony A,partha Debroy, Vadivelan R, Jayashankar K, Vikram M, Nandini S, Sundeep M, Elango K, Suresh B. Amelioaration of CNS toxicities of L.Dopa in experimental models of parkinsons disease by concurrent treatment with Tinospora cordifolia, Hygeia: Vol-2(1) 2010,28-37.
- Vadivelan R, Mohan Patil,A. Raghuram,Shanish Antony,Elango K and Suresh B. Healing effect of Aya Chendooram on acetic acid induced chronic ulcer model in rats, International Journal of Pharmacology and Biological Sciences: Vol.4 (1) 2010,87-92. (Impact factor-0.7)
- Shanish Antony A, Vadivelan R,Atanu Bhattacharjee, Anshu Deo Gupta, Duraiswamy and Suresh B. Benincasa hispida reversed myelin degeneration in ethidium bromide induced rat models, Adv.Pharmacol.Toxicol: Vol.11 (1) 2010,123-130. (Impact factor-0.93)
- Shanish antony.A. Jayashankar.K.Partha DebRoy, Vedpal, Vadivelan.R.,Elango.K and Suresh.B. Antiasthmatic activity of the root of desmodium gangeticum DC. Adv.PharmacoToxicol: Vol.11 (2) 2010, 09-18. (Impact factor-0.93)
- Vadivelan.R.Dhanapal.S.P. Rajarajeshwari.Shanish.A. Elango.K.and Suresh.B. Oxidative stress in Diabetes -A Key therapeutic agent, Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics: 2(3) 2010, 221-218.
Conferences/workshops attended: 17
Paper presentations /seminars: 18
- Life membership of Indian Public Health Association (4065)
- Life membership of Indian Hospital Pharmacists Association (ALM 504826)
- Life membership of Indian Pharmaceutical Association (TN/NIL/LM/0055)
- Registered Pharmacist of Tamilnadu Pharmacy Council (7539A1)
- Executive member, IPA, Nilgiris Branch
Number of Research Projects Supervised