- From the Principal’s Desk
- Vision & Mission
- Contact us
- Quick Links
Mr. R. Suresh Kumar
Qualification: M.Pharm (Pharmaceutics)
Designation: Assistant Professor (Co-ordinator - Industrial Pharmacy)
Professional Experience (Total:16 years)
Area of Research:
- Solubility&Bioavailability enhancement of poorly water soluble drugs by self nanoemulsifying drug delivery system
Research Publications (National-03 International-05 Impact factor Range: 0.68-2.09)
- Raman Sureshkumar,Urmila SriSyamala .,PunukolluRevathy,SumanthDevaki.,PathuriRaghuveer. Self-Nanoemulisifingdrug delivery system(SNEDDS) of olanzapine for enhanced oral bioavailability: In vivo, In vitro characterization and IVIVC”. Journal of Bioequivalence & Bioavailability, 2013;5(5): 201-208(IF-2.07)
- SureshKumar R,Munikumar., G N K Ganesh., N Jawahar., D Nagasamyvenkatesh.,V Senthil., L Raju.,M K Samantha.Formulation and evaluation of pectin-hydroxypropyl methylcellulose coatedcurcumin pellets for colon delivery. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics,Apr-jun2009;3(2):139-142. (IF-0.68)
- Kunal Jain, Suresh Kumar R, SumeetSood., Dhyanandhan. Betaxolol Hydrochloride Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles for OcularDelivery and their Anti-glaucoma Efficacy.Current Drug Delivery, 2013;10:493-499 (IF-2.09).
- KunalJain,Suresh Kumar R, SumeetSood, Gowthamarajan K. Enhanced Oral Bioavailability of Atorvastatin via Oil-in-Water Nanoemulsion using Aqueous Titration Method.Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences & Research,2013;5(1):18 – 25
- Suresh Kumar R, Design, development and evaluation of fenofibrate and rosuvastatin nanodroplets: European Scientific Journal 2013.10-12 November,606-617.
- Suresh Kumar R, Assessment of formulation factors on the release behaviour of BCS class II drug from tablet dosage form using DoE: Current drug delivery (2014).Vol 11(4),511-520.
- Suresh Kumar R,Urmila SriSyamala, Vinay Kumar. Formulation and evaluation of sustained release matrix tablet of anti diabetic drug by melt granulation technique. International Journal of Advanced Research (2013), Volume 1, Issue 10, 473-481
- Suresh Kumar R, Urmila SriSyamala, Dilip. Clinical Studies in Common Wealth Independent States(CIS): Critical Assessment of the Regulatory Requirements: International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Bio-Science(2014). Volume 3(3): 1-19.
- V. V.S. Narayana Reddy K, Suresh Kumar.R, Hemnath E, V. Siddhartha.T, Kartik Yamjala, Rajkumar Malayandi, Development and Validation of RP-UFLC Method for the Estimation of Terbinafine HCL in Pharmaceutical Nanoemulsion Gel, International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, 2014, (5)Vol.6, 586-590.
- Presented paper titled “Design Development and Evaluation of Fenofibrate and Rosuvastatin Nanodroplets” at Global Multidisciplinary e-Conference 2013,November 10th-12th organized by European Scientific Institute ,Grigol Robakidze University, University of Azores, Portugal.
- Presented paper titled “Self Nano emulisifing drug delivery system(SNEDDS) of olanzapine for enhanced oral bioavailability: In vivo, In vitro characterization and IVIVC” at 4th World Congress on Bioavailability and Bioequivalence: Pharmaceutical R&D Summit during 20-22,2013 at Doubletree by Hilton Beijing ,China.
- Presented paper titled “ In vivo Characerisation and IVIVC of SNEDDS containing poorly soluble drug olanzapine” at DISSO INDIA 2013 International annual Symposium organized by Society for pharmaceutical Dissolution Science on 3rd & 4th may 2013 at The Lalit, Mumbai.
- Presented paper titled “Naoemulsion system containing Felodipine for enhanced oral bioavailability” at Indo-US Symposium on “Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery” Molecule to medicine during April21-23,2011 organised by JSS University Mysor,India and supported by Indo-US Science & Technology Forum, American Chemical Society.
- Presented paper titled Formulation Development & Optimisation of Nanoemulsion system containing Felodipine at 2ndIPA Students Congress during 9th-11th July 2009 organised by Acharya BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore.
- Presented paper titled Design & Formulation of nanoemulsion using Brijj35 as surfactant at 2ndIPA Students Congress during 9th-11th July 2009 organised by Acharya BM Reddy College of Pharmacy, Bangalore
Patents Filed /awarded
- Patent 1; Patent filed for the work “Nanoemulsion composition containing Atorvastatin for enhanced oral bioavailability”. Application number: 2203/CHE/2010.
- Patent 2; patent filed for the work composition of Terbinafine HCL Topical Nanoemulgel for treating fungal diseases. Application Number: 1186/CHE/2013
- Patent 3; Patent filed for the work titled Clear Nanoemulgel composition containing Terbinafine Hcl for treating fungal diseases.Application Number; 2106/CHE/2014
- Grant received from TamilNadu State Council for Science and Technology,Chennai; for the work Development and optimization of allylamine antifungal nanoemulgel for the treatment of tinea pedis on May 2014
- Grant received from JSS University Mysore to conduct two Day National Seminar on Pharmaceutical approach for Malarial targeting and Resistance on January 1st 2014
- Grant received from ICMR New Delhi, to conduct two Day National Seminar on Pharmaceutical approach for Malarial targeting and Resistance on January 1st 2014
- Travel grant received from JSS University Mysore to attend to present scientific paper at the BABE conference held at Beijing , China, May 2013
- Organised ,ICMR New Delhi and JSS University Mysore sponsored “ National Seminar on pharmaceutical Approach for Malarial Targetting and Resistance” at the Department of pharmaceutics JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund during 14th-15th February 2014 .
- Organised self sponsored “One day Workshop on IVIVC and DoE” at the Department of Pharmaceutics, JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund on 2nd September 2013.
- Undergone hands on training of LABINDIA Products at Application lab Rabale,Mumbai During May 2013.
- Undergone Product training program conducted by LABINDIA Mumbai at JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund During September 2011
- Undergone training on “ Basics of HPLC, Trouble Shooting and Maintenance of HPLC” Conducted JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund During24th august 2011
- Presented talk at “India –africa training course on Traditional knowledge Systems: Review, Revitalise and Modern Scientific Approach” sponsored by DST Ministry of Science and technology New Delhi, during 3rd-22nd march 2014 at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund.
- Presented talk at ICMR New Delhi and JSS University Mysore sponsored “ National Seminar on Pharmaceutical Approach for Malarial Targetting and Resistance” at the Department of pharmaceutics JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund during 14th-15th February 2014.
- Presented a talk at National Seminar on “Novel Derug Delivery Approaches : Present Scenario and New Horizons” During 2nd-3rd February,2012 at the Department of Pharmaceutics JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund sponsored by JSS University Mysore and ICMR New Delhi.
- Presented talk at AICTE New Delhi and JSS University Mysore sponsored “QIP short term course on Applications of Pharmacokinetics and Biostatistics in Clinical practice & Current Scenario: Drug Delivery Systems and Regulatory Challenges” during 14th-27th march 2011 in the Department of Pharmaceutics JSS College of Pharmacy Ootacamund.
- Delivered a speech at 4th National Pharmaceutical Conference PHARMACON II 2010 Organised by Nehru College of Pharmacy Thrissur Kerala during 24th -26th novemebr 2010.
Other Activities / Significant Contributions:
- Member of Organizing committee -National seminar on “Dissolution challenges-Regulatory perspectives” held during 24th-25th January 2013, at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund.
- Member of LOC Indian Pharmaceutical Association Students Congress – 5, April 26, 27 - 2013 held at JSS College of Pharmacy, Udhagamandalam.
- Joint Co-Ordinator JSS University Mysore and UCL Belgium sponsored “International Workshop on Bioavailability & Bioequivalence using WinNonlinR during 16th-18th August 2012 Organised by Industry Instituition Interaction Cell(IIIC), JSS College of Pharmacy, Udhagamandalam
- Reviewer for the Omics group Journal Bioequivalence and bioavailability.
- Reviewer for Elsevier Journal Colloids and Substances
- Invited Guest editor for Bentham publications Current Pharmaceutical Design
Project Work Guided (Ph.D& PG)
- PG -22
- Life member Indian pharmaceutical association. (TN/NIL/LM/0053)
- Registered Pharmacist (Life) in Tamilnadu Pharmacy Council, Madras. [2990/A1]