- About JSSCP
- Courses Offered
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine
- Biostatistics & Computer Science
- Departmental Profiles
- Contact us
Mr. N. Jawahar
Graduation : 2010 January – 2014 January (Pursuing)
Institution : JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, Tamilnadu, India.
University : JSS University, Mysore, Karnataka, India.
Grade : I Class
Graduation : 2000-2002
Institution : K.M.College of Pharmacy, Madurai,
University : The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University,
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
Grade : I Class
Graduation : 1995 – 1999
Institution : A.K College of Pharmacy,
Krishnan Koil, Tamilnadu, India.
University : The Tamilnadu Dr. M.G.R. Medical University,
Chennai, Tamilnadu, India.
Diploma in Drug Regulatory Affairs (DDRA)
Grade : Excellent
Year of completion : March-2010
Institution : Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research,
Level : Diploma in MS – Office 2000.
Field of Study : MS-Dos, Windows, MS Word, MS-Excel,
- Lecturer, S.Chattanatha Karayalar College of Pharmacy, Tenkasi from July 2002 to Dec 2002.
- Lecturer, Swamy Vivekananda College of Pharmacy, T.Code from Jan 2003 to April 2005.
- Lecturer, The oxford College of Pharmacy, Bangalore from May 2005 to October 2006.
- Sr.Lecturer, Sri Adichunchanagiri College of Pharmacy, B.G Nagara from November 2006 to June 2007.
- Assistant Professor, J.S.S College of Pharmacy, Ooty, from June 2007 to till date.
- Guiding M.Pharm & B.Pharm students in the field of novel drug delivery system in the Department of Pharmaceutics.
- Teaching Pharmaceutics subjects for the B.pharm students.
- Teaching Pharmaceutics subjects for the M.pharm students.
Project Work Done:
PhD: Studies on Physico-Chemical and Biopharmaceutical Properties of Selected Drug
Candidates through Nanotechnology
M.Pharmacy: Design and evaluation of sustained Release suppositories of Nimesulide
B.Pharmacy: Therapeutic and Marketing Screening of Antidiabetic drugs.
Paper Publications :
International Journals: 16
- Formulation and Evaluation of Ora-Solv Tablets of Pantoprazole Sodium, N.Jawahar, Sumeet Sood, Kunal Jain and M.Barath. journal of pharmaceutical science and research , volume 4(6),2012, 1839-1843.
- Solid lipid Nanoparticles for Oral delivery of Poorly Soluble Drugs, Jawahar.N, Meyyanathan.S. N Gowtham Reddy, and Sumeet Sood. journal of pharmaceutical science and research, volume 4(7), 2012, 1848-1855.
- Development of buccal tablets for curcumin using anacardium occidentale gum. Dr.K.Gowthamarajan, Sumeeth sood, kunal jain,and N.jawahar. journal of carbohydrate
- Polymer. 88, 2012, 1177-1183.4. Brain delivery by solid lipid nanoparticles for CNS delivery. N.Jawahar, K.Gowthamarajan, S.N.Meyyanathan, Summeth Sood. International journal of pharmaceutical research and development, volume 3 (4), 2011, 206-216.
- Preparation and characterization of PLGA- Nanoparticles containing an anti-hypertensive agent, N.Jawahar, T. Eagappanath, Nagasamy Venkatesh, S.Jubie Samanta, M.K., International Journal of Pharm Teech Research , Vol (1), No.2, pp-390-393, April-June 2009.
- Design and evaluation of sustained hydrophilic polymer matrix tablet of Glucosamine Sulphate, N.Jawahar, R.Vionothaboosan, NagasamyVenkatesh, S.Jubie and T.Eagappanath, Research J. Pharm. Tech. 2 (3); July-Sept. 2009, PP-463-465
- Development and in vitro evaluation of Theophyllin Matrix Tablets using hydrophilic polymer release retardant, International journal of Pharmaceutical Science and Nanotechnology, 2(1) April-June-2009. GNK Ganesh, V. Senthil, N. Jawahar, R. Sureshkumar, M.K. Samanta, B. Suresh.
- Development and in vitro evaluation of Chitason Nanoparticles by ionotropic gelatin Containing L-Arginine, GNK Ganesh, V. Senthil, N. Jawahar, R. Sureshkumar, and M.K. Samanta, B. Suresh. Research Journal of Pharmacy Technology.
- Development and characterization of PLGA-nanoparticles containing carvedilol, N.Jawahar,D.Nagasamyvenkatesh.P.Vinoth, Journal of pharmaceutical sciences and Research,1(3),2009,123-128
- Design and in-vitro evaluation of alginate beads of aceclofenac beads of Aceclofenac, D.Nagasamy Venkatesh, S.Sangeetha, N.Jawahar, R.Suresh Kumar, S.Sankar and B.Suresh. Advanced Pharmacology and Toxicology. 10 (1), 2009, 17-20.
- Formulation and evaluation of the suspending properties of Leucaena latisiliqua gum on acetaminophen suspension. V.Senthil, R.Suresh kumar, D.Nagasamy Venkatesh, GNK Ganesh, N.Jawahar and MK Samantha. Research Journal of Pharmacy Technology 2 (4), 2009, 719-722.
- Formulation and evaluation of pectin-hydroxy propyl mrthyl cellulose coated curcumin Pellets for colon delivery. V.Senthil, R.Suresh kumar, D.Nagasamy Venkatesh, GNK Ganesh, N.Jawahar and M.K Samantha. Asian journal of Pharmaceutics,April-June, 2009 -142.
- Comparative evaluation of Theophylline Microsphere prepared using various Biodegradable Polymers. G.Vinothapooshan, N.Jawahar, R.Kalirajan, S.Jubie, K.S.Remya and Prasanth S.Wake. International Journal of Chemical Sciences, 6(3), 2008, 1526-1534.
- Polymorphism: A Dissolution Rate Enhancement Technique of Nitrendipine N.Jawahar, R.Sureshkumar, D.Nagasamy Venkatesh, G.N.K.Ganesh, S.Jubie, M.K.Samanta and B.Suresh. Research.J.Pharm and Tech, 1(3), July-September 2008.
- Anti-Arthritic activity of bark extracts of Alangium Salviifolium wang. S, .Jubie, N.Jawahar, Ruby Koshy, B.Gowramma and B.Suresh.Rasayan Journal of Chemistry, 1(3), 2008, 433-436.
- Published a paper titled “Solid lipid Nanoparticles for Oral delivery of Poorly Soluble Drugs”, Jawahar.N, Meyyanathan.S. N Gowtham Reddy, and Sumeet Sood. Journal of pharmaceutical science and research, volume 4(7), 2012, 1848-1855. (SNIP FACTOR-0.368)
- Accepted a paper titled “Polymeric Nanoparticles for Drug delivery and Targeting: A Comprehensive review” N.Jawahar and S.N.Meyyanathan in International Journal of Health & Allied Sciences, a publication of JSS University, Mysore, under issue preparation. Manuscript Id: IJHAS_124_12
National Journals: 8
- Design and evaluation of sustained release suppositories of Nimesulide.N.Jawahar, S.Jayaprakash, N.S.MariaGerald Rajan, M.nagarajan, S.Jubie and R.Manivannan. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 67(5), 2005, 558-561.
- Design and evaluation of Timed Release Matrix suppositories of Indomethacin. S.Jeyaprakash, N.Jawahar, D.Dhacinamoorthy, S.Ramkanth, A.Mohamed Afzar, M.Nagarajan. The Pharma Review, April 2006, 100-102.
- Evaluation of different formulation variables on transdermal films of verapamil hydrochloride. The Indian Pharmacist, June 2007, page 67-68.
- Diuretic activity of whole plant extracts of Cardiospermum halicacabium Linn, K.Chandraprakash, I.J.Kuppast, C.Manjunath, N.Jawahar and S.Jubie. PHARMACOGNOSY MAGAZINE, Vol.4, issue13, Jan-Mar.2008.
- Pharmacognostical and phytochemical studies on leaves of Dodonaea Viscosa Linn. N.Jawahar, R.Manivannan, S.Jubie and E.SaiGanesh, Ancient Science of Life, Vol:XXIII(3),2004,46-50.
- A comparative Antimicrobial Study on the essential oil of the leaves of various species of Cupressus., R.Manivannan,M.SenthilKumar , N.Jawahar, E.Saiganesh and S.Jubie and, Ancient Science of Life,Vol:XXIV(3),2005,131-133.
- Preliminary Phytochemical and Antiinflammatory activity of bark of Commiphora Berryi (Arn) Englor. R.Manivannan, N.Jawahar, E.Saiganesh, C.Jothimanivannan and S.Jubie. Ancient Science of Life, Vol:XXIV(1),2004,56-59.
- In vivo evaluation of single dose tetanus toxoid vaccine formulation with Chitosan Microspheres.R.Manivannan, S.A.Dhanaraj, Y.Udaya Baskara Rao,A.Balasubramanian, N.Jawahar and S.Jubie. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Jan-Feb 2008,11-15.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Comprehensive Evaluation of Different Formulation Variables on Transdermal Films of Verapamil Hydrochloride” in 57th IPC at Hyderabad.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Design and evaluation of sustained release suppositories of nimesulide” in 56th IPC at Calcutta
- Presented a scientific paper on the “In-vivo Evaluation of single dose Tetanus Toxoid Vaccine Formulation with Chitosan Microspheres’ in National Conference on Recent Trends in Microbial Biotechnology at SASTRA, Deemed University, Thanjavur.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Pharmacognostical and Pharmacological studies of leaves of Dodonaea viscosa” in International Congress of Indian Pharmacy Graduates 2003 (ICIPG-2003) at Annamalai University.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Phytochemical and Biological Evaluation of leaves of cupressus species” in International Congress of Indian Pharmacy Graduates ( ICIPG-2003) at Annamalai University.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Formulation and evaluation of Microcapsules of Nimesulide” in national level seminar on emerging trends in industrial biotechnology at Vivekanandha College of Engineering for women, Tiruchengode.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Design and optimization of slow release suppositories of theophylline using 22 factorial design” in 11thAPTI-convention at Bangalore.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Formulation and invitro Evaluation of Lansoprazole Lipid Microspheres” in Second International Conference and Indo Canadian Satellite Symposium on Ph. Sciences, Technology, Practice and Natural Products (Feb. 2007) held at JSSCOP, Ooty.
- PLGA Nano-particulate system: An approach to enhance Bioavailability and sustain the drug release, Sumeet Sood, Organized by 2nd IPA-SC, July 9-11 Bangalore, 2009.
- Presented a scientific paper on “Design and Evaluation of Theophylline Microspheres Using Various Biodegradable Polymers” in 59th IPC at Varanasi (Dec-2008).
- Presented a scientific paper on “Development and Evaluation of Glucosamine Sulphate Pottasium Chloride Sustained Release Matrix Tablets” in 59th IPC at Varanasi (Dec- 2008).
- Presented a scientific paper on “Formulation and invitro evaluation of Ramipril nanoparticles” at Al Shifa College of Pharmacy, Kerala (Nov. 2008).
- Presented a scientific paper on “Evaluation of asthma patients and their medication” in ICPPS & IPAC at New Delhi (2009).
- Presented a scientific paper on “BetaxalolHydrochloride Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles for Ocular Drug Delivery” at 70 Th international congress of FIP in Lisbon, Portugal from 28 August – 2 September 2010.
- Presented a scientific paper on “lymphatic delivery of olanzapine loaded cationic solid lipid nanoparticles for improved oral bioavailability” at 71 st international congress of FIP in Hyderabad, India from 2nd September – 8th September 2010.
- Undergone Quality Improve Programme (QIP) on “Pharmacological Techniques in Drug Deveopment and Safety Profiles”, sponsored by AICTE, held at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund on Feb 23rd to Mar 7th, 2004.
- Undergone Quality Improve Programme (QIP) on “Newer Developments in pharmaceutical Technology and pharmacokinetics, sponsored by AICTE, held at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund on March 30th to Aprilr 5th, 2007.
- Undergone Quality Improve Programme (QIP) on “Recent Development in Pharmaceutical Research”, sponsored by AICTE, held at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund on March 15th to 28th, 2010.
- Under gone “UGC Refresher Course in Pharmaceutical Sciences” held at, Department of Pharmacy, Annamalai University from (15-11-2002 to 5-12-2002) and awarded ‘A’ Grade.
- National seminar on “Technological advances in Pharmaceutical formulations and methods” sponsored by AICTE, held at Vinayaka mission’s College of Pharmacy, Salem on 30th and 31st March 2005.
- Participated in the 55th, 56th and 57th “Indian Pharmaceutical Congress” (Dec 2003, 2004 & 2005) held at Chennai, Kolkata and Hyderabad respectively.
- Participated in the “APTI-11th annual national convention” (sep-2006) held at NIMHANS Convenetion centre, Bangalore.
- Participated as delegate in Second International Conference and Indo Canadian Satellite Symposium on Ph. Sciences, Technology, Practice and Natural Products (Feb. 2007) held at JSSCOP, Ooty.
- Participated in the National Conference on Nanotechnology, May 2008, held in JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- Participated in the “International conference on drug delivery-2010” (Jan-2010) held at PSG College of pharmacy, Coimbatore.
- Participated in the “Inter National seminar on herbal drug research, Dec 2009, held at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- Participated in the “Seminar on Scientific writing and publication, Dec 2009, held at JSS University, Mysore.
- Participated in the “National Symposium on Mathematical Modeling in Drug Development and Drug Delivery” held on 28-29 march 2012, at ultra college of pharmacy, Madurai.
- Participated in International Conference On Drug Delivery Held On 2010.
- Attended training of teachers (TOT) held on 30TH march 2012, at J.S.S.college of pharmacy, Mysore.
- Delivered a lecture in the AICTE sponsored national level seminar on “nanoparticles: what it can do for drug delivery” as a resource person at JKK Muniraja College of pharmacy, kumarapalayam. Tamilnadu.(FEB-2013)
- Delivered a lecture in the national level seminar on “Solid lipid nanoparticles: A promising carrier for drug delivery and targeting” as a resource person at Quiz College of pharmacy, Ongole. (Sep-2012)
- Delivered a lecture in the Quality improvement programme on “New Horizons in Pharmaceutical Technology and Pharmacokinetics” as a resourse person at J.S.S College of pharmacy,Ootacamund.(March-2009)
- Delivered a lecture in the Quality improvement programme on “Current Scenario: Drug Delivery Systems and Regulatory Challenges” as a resource person at J.S.S College of pharmacy, Ootacamund.(March-2009)
Project grants received:
- Grant received for entitled “Improving the Delivery of Poorly Soluble Drugs through Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology “from AICTE Govt. of India, Rs.1.05 lakhs.
Authored a book on “Design and Evaluation of PLGA- Nanoparticles Containing Carvedilol”, published by LAMBERT academic publishing, Germany. ISBN: 978-3-8454-2936-6. In the year-2011.
- Solid lipid composition of Olanzapine for enhanced oral bioavailability.(Application No.2194/CHE/2010. Date of filing 02.08.2010)
- “Career Award for Young Teachers” (CAYT2012-13) from AICTE Govt. of India, for the project entitled “Improving the Delivery of Poorly Soluble Drugs through Pharmaceutical Nanotechnology”.
- “Tony. B academic travel award” for the work titled “Design and evaluation solid lipid nanoparticles containing Olanzapine for brain targeted drug delivery” at 2nd international congress of SLAS-2013, Florida, USA from12th – 16th January 2013
- “Best industrial pharmacy poster award” for the work titled “BetaxalolHydrochloride Loaded Chitosan Nanoparticles for Ocular Drug Delivery” at 70 th international congress of FIP in Lisbon, Portugal from 28 August – 2 September 2010.
Memberships of professional bodies
- Life member Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India. APTI (TN/LM-327)
- Life member Indian Pharmaceutical Association. IPA (TN/NIL/LM/0064)
- Member of American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientist. AAPS(Membership No.206327)\
- Received travel grant from DST GOVT OF INDIA for attending 70th international congress of FIP in Portugal from 28 August – 2 September 2010. Amount Rs. 95,600/-
- Received travel grant from JSS UNIVERSITY, MYSORE for attending 70th international congress of FIP in Portugal from 28 August – 2 September 2010. Amount Rs. 116000/-
- Received travel grant from FIP, NETHERLANDS for attending 71st international congress of FIP held on September- 2012 at Hyderabad. Amount Euros 250.
- Received travel grant from JSS UNIVERSITY, MYSORE for attending 71st international congress of FIP held on September- 2012 at Hyderabad. Amount Rs.31600/-.
Details of PG/UG project guided
- Prashant Subhashrao Wake. “Development of an uni-directional, bilayer buccoadhesive delivery system of curcumine using cashewnut tree gum.(March 2008).
- P.Vinoth Kumar. “Formulation and evaluation of nanoparticles containing Carvedilol”. (March 2009).
- Sumeet Sood. “Design and development of Olanzapine loaded solid lipid nanoparticles for enhanced oral bioavailability”. (March 2010).
- Eaggapanath T. and Asik Ali. “Formulation and invitro evaluation of Ramipril nanoparticles”. (August 2008).
- M.Bharath. B.Stalan, R.Yuvaraj, S.Prakash, R.Karthik. “Formulation and invitro evaluation of ora-solv tablets of pantaprazole”. (August 2009).
- Lireni, Studies on brain targetting of Olanzapine loaded solid lipid nanoparticles.(Ongoing)
- Chandrika et al, Formulation and characterization of nanocrystals of poorly soluble drug. (August 2010)
- Prasanth kumar. “Nanostructured Lipid Carrier (Nlc): A Novel Particulate System For Enhancing The Oral Bioavailability Of Olanzapine” (march 2012)
- Hardik patel. “Design and Evaluation Of Extended Release Multiunit Particulate System For Novel Class-I Antihypertensive Drug. (march 2012)
- B.Vivekananda Raju “Formulation And Comparison Of Lipophilic Drugs Through Self-Emulsifying Pellets Using Extrusion-Spheronization Technique” (march 2012)
- Nair Prashob Premkumar. “Study on the Requirements and Latest Developments in US ANDA filing procedure” (march 2012)
- Gowtham redy.N. “Design And Charcterization Of Lipid Mediated Nanoparticles Containing An Anti-Psychotic Drug”. (September 2012).
- Srikanth.K .” lipid drug conjugates- Anovel particulate system for enhancing oral bio-availability” (September 2012)
- Ramesh .v “Design and evaluation Transdermal delivery of nifidipine hcl proniosomes”(MARCH-2013)
- Shamik “Design and evaluation ethosomes containing diclofenac sodium”(MARCH-2013)
- Abimanu “Design and evaluation extended release tablets of neverapine hcl”(MARCH-2013)
- Nishit “ marketing authorization and approval for EU countries(MARCH-2013)
- Active participant in N.S.S (College and school level)
- Secured third place in cross country conducted by Dr.M.G.R.Medical University in Tanjavur, Sangamam 1995.
- Secured first place in 1500 and 5000 meters running held at Arulmigu Kalasalingam College of Pharmacy, Sriviliputhur.
Personal Particulars :
Date of Birth : 15th June1978
Gender : Male
Nationality : Indian
Marital status : Married.
Languages Known : Tamil, English (To read & write)
Kannada (To speak).
Prof & Head,
J.S.S College of Pharmacy,
2. Dr.K.Gowthamarajan, M.Pharm, Ph.d,
Prof & Head,
J.S.S College of Pharmacy,