- Ph.D (Pharmacy), 2009, The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- M.Pharmacy (Pharmacology), 1995, The Tamilnadu Dr.MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- B.Pharmacy, 1993, University of Madras, Chennai.
- D.Pharmacy, 1985, State Board of Technical Education, Andhra Pradesh.
- March 2010- till date, Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- February 2005-2010, Asst. Professor, Dept. of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- December 1996- February 2005, Lecturer, Dept. of Pharmacology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
Other positions held
- August 1986 - September 1987, Pharmacist, Apollo Pharmacy, Apollo hospitals, Chennai.
- January 1992 - February 1993, Manufacturing Chemist (Trainee), Koch-Roy Pharmaceuticals, Chennai.
- September 1995 - November 1996, Lecturer, K.K.College of Pharmacy, Chennai.
- December 1996- January 2005, Lecturer, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- Antifungal drug research
- Chemoprotective research
- Cardiovascular pharmacology
- S.P. Dhanabal, G. Syamala, M.N. Satish Kumar, B. Suresh. Hepatoprotective activity of the Indian medicinal plant Polygala 2 arvensis on D-galactosamine-induced hepatic injury in rats. Fitoterapia 2006, 77: 472- 474.
- M.N. Satish Kumar, P.Pavan Kumar, S.Badami, Saraswathi B Patil, K.Elango, T. Subburaju, K.Chinnaswamy, and B. Suresh. Pre-coital and post-coital anti-implantation and abortifacient activities of Aristolochia bracteolata Lam. Aerial parts. J Natural Med 2007, 61: 302-306.
- K.Santhi, D.N.Venkatesh, S.A. Dhanaraj, M.N. Satish Kumar, S.Ponnusankar, B.Suresh. Development and evaluation of ethyl cellulose nanospheres containing Ketoconozole. The Indian Pharmacist 2007, June: 70-74.
- V.Ravichandran, B.Suresh, M.N.Satish Kumar, K.Elango, R.Srinivasan. Antifertility activity of hydroalcoholic extract of Ailanthus excelsa (Roxb): An ethnomedicines used by tribals of Nilgiris region in Tamilnadu. J Ethnopharmacol 2007, 112: 189-191.
- V.Ravichandran, B.Suresh, M.N.Satish Kumar, K.Elango, R.Srinivasan. Antifertility action of hydroalcoholic extract of Moringa concansenis Nimmo: An ethnomedicines used by tribals of Nilgiris region in Tamilnadu. Orien Pharm Exp Med 2007, 7(2):1-7.
- Praveen Bommu, Nanjan MJ, Chandrasekhar MJN, Satish Kumar. MN.
- Suresh B. Phyllanthus maderaspatensis, a dietary supplement in for the amelioration of adriyamycin- induced toxicity and oxidative stress in mice. J Natural Med 2008, 62:149-154
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, B.Suresh, M.N.Satish Kumar, A. Shanish Antony, P.Mallika. Pharmacological evaluation of Siddha drugs (Saranai Root Choornam, Chithira Moola Kuligai, Padikara Parpam) for their anti-ulcer activity. International Journal of Pharmacology and Biological Sciences 2008, 2(1): 143-146.
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, M.N.Satish Kumar, A. Shanish Antony, S.Bhadra, A.Raghuram, B.Suresh. Biochemical studies on the antiulcerogenic potential of Rubus Ellipticus. Int J Chem Sci 2008, 6 (4), 2182- 2188.
Major awards and achievements
- Best research paper presentation (oral) award for "Evaluation of aphrodisiac activity of Myristica fragrans (Houtt) on male albino rats" at 54th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress Association at Pune, 13-15, December, 2002.
- Research paper titled "Chemoproctective potential of naringenin, a naturally occurring flavanone, in doxorubicin induced clastogenicy" was presented at 45th Annual meeting of Society of Toxicology, San Diego (USA), March, 5-9, 200 and it was well reviewed in local news papers of California State, USA.
Consultancy projects undertaken for the following industries
- Apex laboratories, Chennai
- M/s Tablets India Ltd, Chennai
- M/s Shasun Pharmaceuticals, Chennai
- M/s DXN Health care, Pondicherry
- Published more than 15 research articles in national and international journals
- Presented more than 30 research papers in both national and international conferences
- Guided more than 27 post graduate (M.Pharmacy) students in various research areas.
- Programme coordinator- Quality improvement programmes sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi.
- Resource person for various short term continuing education programmes.
- Co-investigator for research projects for MODROBS and Isolation of bioactive principles from Mucuna prureins, Tinospora cordifolia and their pharmacological activities in experimental Parkinsonism models under Research promotion scheme sponsored by AICTE, New Delhi.
- Patented " a naturally derived gelling agent and its uses thereof in the preparation of Pharmaceutical gels"
- As president Y's men club of Ootacamund, established various welfareschemes for poor school children. Conducted various district seminars on social awareness and environments hazards etc.