- About JSSCP
- Courses Offered
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine
- Biostatistics & Computer Science
- Departmental Profiles
- Contact us
Mr. G.N.K. Ganesh
|G.N.K.GANESH. M. Pharm(Ph.D)
J.S.S College of Pharmacy,
The Nigiris, 643 001.
- Worked as a lecturer cherraan’s college of pharmacy from November 2003 to January 2007.
- Working as an assistant professor in J.S.S college of pharmacy, Ooty from February 2007 to till date.
Can use and utilize Computer application software like Microsoft office, Coral Draw, Chem draw, Graph pad prism, Adobe Photoshop.
01. Life Member of Indian Pharmaceutical Association. (IPA).
02. Life Member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India. (APTI).
03. Registered Pharmacist (Life) in Tamilnadu Pharmacy Council, Chennai .
R.V.S COLLEGE OF PARAMEDICAL SCIENCES
The T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical
SRI RAMAKRISHNA INATITUTE OF PARAMEDICAL SCIENCES
The T.N. Dr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
Phytochemical and Cytotoxicity Studies on Stems Of Coccinia Grandis Linn
Poly Vinyl Pyrrolidine- An Approach to improve Dissolution characteristic of Meloxicam Tablets
DETAILS OF RESEARCH WORK
University: J.S.S UNIVERSITY
Topic: development of sustained release formulation for certain newer drugs using natural polymer
GRANTS APPLIED/INDUSTRIAL PROJECT
1. JSS College of pharmacy Ooty jointly with ETHIX PHARMA for contract INDUSTRIAL PROJET I have been undertaken formulation and development of herbal tablet.
SHORT TERM COURSE AND SEMINAR ATTENDED
1. Attended National seminar on “Technology Modeling on Pharmacokinetics and Pharmakodynamics of controlled drug delivery system”. 7th January 2006 Sponsored by AICTE New Delhi. Organized by The Erode College of Pharmacy, Erode.
2. Participated “career oppurtunities and advances in pharma field”. 28th oct 2006 conducted by SRIPM’S college of pharmacy Coimbatore.
3. Participated “ second international conference and indo-canadian satellite symposium on pharmaceutical sciences, technology, practice and natural health products 24-26 Feb 2007.
4. “International seminar on Herbal drug research: present and future prospects” held at JSS College of pharmacy, Ooty on 4 th and 5th December 2009.
5. Participated in the seminar on “Scientific Writing and Publication” held on 2nd December, Organized by JSS University, Mysore.
6. Participated “International seminar on drug delivery” in PSG College of Pharmacy, Coimbatore, January 29th and 30th 2010.
7. Participated as a Resource person in “ quality improvement programme on new horizons in pharmaceutical technology and pharmacokinetics” 16-22 march 2009
8. Participated indo-european symposium on alternative approaches to animal testing” December 8, 2010
9. Participated “international conference on drug delivery-2010” organized by PSG college of pharmacy Coimbatore.
10. Participated ICMR sponsored National workshop on “Potentials of medicinal plants of Nilgiris biosphere reserve (Western Ghates) (Theme: An ethnomedical approach to herbal drug development)” held at JSS College of pharmacy, Ooty on 8th to10th December 2011.
11. Participated “organization of CTD and CMC-writing &review skills” held from 29-30 Sept, 2011 at JSS College of pharmacy, Mysore
12. Participated as a Resource person in “ QIP short term course on applications of pharmacokinetics and biostatistics in clinical practice” held from 14-27 march, 2011.
13. Participated “indo-us symposium on frontiers in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery” held from April 21-23, 2011.
14. Participated “basics of HPLC, troubleshooting and maintenance of HPLC” conducted on 24 Aug 2011 at JSS College of pharmacy Ooty.
15. Participated “national workshop on biomedical communication for pharmacy professionals” held on 27-28 Feb, 2012 at JSS College of pharmacy Mysore.
16. Participated “national seminar on eCTD submission, challenges & future perspectives” held at JSS College of pharmacy Mysore from 17-18 Feb, 2012.
17. Participated “Novel drug delivery approaches: present scenario and new horizons” held from Feb 2-3, 2012 in JSS College of pharmacy Ooty
1. GNK Ganesh and Y.Srinivasan. Design and in vitro and in vivo evaluation of mucoadhesive microcapsules of glipizide for oral controlled release: A technical note. AAPS PharmaSciTech 2003; 4(3) Article 39(http://www.pharmscitech.org).
2. D.Nagasamy venkatesh, N.jawahar, G.N.K.Ganesh, R.Suresh Kumar, V.Senthil, M.K.Samantha, S.Sankar and K.lango. Development and invitro Evaluation of Sustained Release Matrix Tablets of Theophylline using Hydrophilic Polymer as Release Retardent . International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Nanotechnology, April-June 2009,2(1)
3. R Sureshkumar, Munikumar, GNK Ganesh, N Jawahar, D Nagasamy venkatesh, V Senthil, L Raju,MK Samantha, Formulation and evaluation of pectin-hydroxypropyl methylcellulose coated curcumin pellets for colon delivery, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics - 3(2), April-June 2009, 138-142.
4. V Senthil, R Suresh Kumar, D Nagasamy Venkatesh, GNK Ganesh, N Jawahar and MK Samanta. Formulation and Evaluation of the Suspending Properties of Leucaena latisiliqua Gum on Paracetamol Suspension. Research J. Pharm and Tech.2 (4): Oct.-Dec. 2009.
5. N Jawahar, D Nagasamy Venkatesh, R Suresh Kumar, V Senthil, GNK Ganesh, P.Vinoth,Smeet sooa and MK Samanta. Development and characterization of PLGA-nanoparticles containing carvedilol. Journal of Pharmaceutical sciences and research.Volume 1(3), 2009, 123-128.
6. V Senthil, S Gopalakrishnan1, R Sureshkumar, N Jawahar, G N K Ganesh,D Nagasamy venkatesh. Mucoadhesive slow-release tablets of theophylline: Design and evaluation. Asian Journal of Pharmaceutics Volume 4, Issue 1, Jan-Mar 2010, Page Nos.64-68.
7. V.Senthil, R.Sureshkumar, K.Lavanya,Varun Rathi, D.Nagasamy Venkatesh, GNK Ganesh, N.Jawahar,K .Gowthamarajan In vitro andin vivo evaluations of Theophylline Gastroretentive Mucoadhesive tablets prepared by using natural gums. Journal of Pharmacy Research Vol.3.Issue 8.August 2010. Page.1961-1966.
8. V Senthil, R Suresh Kumar, CVV Nagaraju, N Jawahar, GNK Ganesh, K.Gowthamarajan Design and development of hydrogel nanoparticles for mercaptopurine, Journal of Advanced Pharmaceutical Technology & Research, Jul-Sep 2010 | Vol 1 | Issue 3 page.334-337
9. Ganesh G. N. K, Manjusha Pallaprola,Gowthamarajan K, Suresh Kumar R, Senthil V, Jawahar N, Venkatesh N. DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF BUCCAL DRUG DELIVERY SYSTEM FOR LABETALOL USING NATURAL POLYMER, International journal of Research and development, Vol 3(3):6; May 2011 (37 - 49).
10. G.N.K.Ganesh, D. Nagasamy venkatesh, R.Suresh kumar, N.Jawahar, V.Senthil, M.K.Samanta. Development of mucoadhesive patches for buccal administration of felodipine, Hygeia,Journal for drugs and medicines, vol.3 (1), 2011,
11. Ganesh G. N. K, Gowthamarajan K, Suresh Kumar R, Senthil V, Jawahar N, Venkatesh N, Manjusha. P, Anindita de, Formulation And Evaluation Of Liposomal Drug Delivery System For An Anticancer Drug And The Study The Effect Of Various Stabilizers Based On Physiochemical And In Vitro Charecterization, International journal of Research and development Vol 3(3): May 2011 (27 -37).
12. G.N.K.Ganesh, R.Sureshkumar, N.Jawahar, V.Senthil, D.Nagasamy Venkatesh and M. Shanmukha Srinivas, Preparation and Evaluation of Sustained Release Matrix Tablet of Diclofenac Sodium using Natural Polymer, J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. Vol.2 (6), 2010, 360-368.
13. “Formulation and evaluation of liposomal drug delivery system for an anti-cancer drug and the study the effect of various stabilizers based on phytochemical and in vitro characterization”. G.N.K.Ganesh in june 2011 issue of “International journal of pharma research and development” having international standard serial number 0974-9446.
14. G.N.K.Ganesh, Siva sakthi and PR Sathesh babu, “Design and in vivo evaluation of carvedilol buccal mucoadhesive patches. Pak.J.Pharma.Sci
15. “Chitosan nano particles by ionotropic gelation containing L-Arginine” by R.Suresh kumar, Subshashish Debnath,GNK.Ganesh, L raju, MK Samantha and B Suresh. www.rjptonline.org.
SCIENTIFIC PAPER PRESENTATION
1. “ESTABLISHMENT OF PHARMACOKINETIC PROFILE OF HERBAL DRUG CONTAINING FORSKOLIN” by Gowthamarajan kuppusamy, Sindhu Tiwari, Nagasamy Venkatesh Dhandapani, Ganesh GNK, Elango Kannan, Suresh Bhojraj held in Portugal, from 28 August-2 September 2010.
2. “Frontiers in medicinal chemistry and drug discovery molecule to medicine” by G.N.K. Ganesh in JSS Collge of pharmacy Mysore held from 21-23 April.
EXAMINER AND QUESTION PAPER SETTER for
1. The Tamil Nadu Dr.MGR Medical University. Chennai
2. Appointed as question paper setter for SRM ,Ramachandra universities, chennai
3. Appointed as reviewer for pearson publication,chennai
PROJECT WORK CARRIED
UNDER GRADUATE LEVEL – 5
POST GRADUATE LEVEL- 10