- About JSSCP
- Courses Offered
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine
- Biostatistics & Computer Science
- Departmental Profiles
- Contact us
Mr. B. Babu
Specialization: Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Ph.D - Persuing under the guidance of Dr. S.N.Meyyanathan, Professor & Head Department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, JSS University, Mysore2012
- Master of Pharmacy in Pharmaceutical Analysis, J.S.S.College of pharmacy, Ooty. Affiliated to The Tamil nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University. Chennai.2004
- Bachelor of Pharmacy, J.S.S.College of pharmacy, Ooty. Affiliated to The Tamil nadu Dr.M.G.R.Medical University. Chennai 2001
- Currently working as Lecturer in department of Pharmaceutical Analysis, at J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ooty.
- Other Positions Held
- Associated with Huclin research ltd. Chennai as group leader in Bio analytical division from April 2006-2008
- Associated with Ranbaxy research labs. Gurgaon as Research Associate in Analytical division from April 2004-2006
- Associated with Win Medicare ltd. Mumbai as Business executive placed at Bangalore from Jan. 2001-2002
- Associated with Drugs testing lab and CADRAT at J.S.S.College of pharmacy ooty. as chemist (part time) from April 2003-2004
- Development and validation of analytical methods of drugs and their active metabolites in biological matrix with help of HPLC and LC-MS/MS.
- Development of analytical methods for newly marketed combinational Dosage forms.
- Carry out the above studies with the current regulatory requirements.
- Method development and sample analysis of In-Vitro study samples (Metabolic stability, CYP inhibition, Caco2 Assay, Protein binding, Solubility, Hepatocytes, Plasma stability and Chemical stability samples) using HPLC and LC-MS/MS.
- Method development and analysis of In-Vivo study samples (like Brain and liver samples).
- Toxicokinetics studies in preclinical animals like rats and mice (plasma, serum, urine) sample analysis by using HPLC and LC-MS/MS.
- Preparation of In-Vitro study summary report.
- Preparation of study design and analytical batch and calculation by using various software tools.
- Bioavailability and Bioequivalence study sample analysis in biological fluids.
- Planning and executing of the work to meet the timeline set for the said job.
- Preparation of sops for system, operation and calibration.
- Participant in the “Center for continuous learning for professional excellence” program at JSS University. Mysore 2010.
- Training course on LC-MS/MS “Application and instrumentation of API-LC-MS/MS” by Applied biosystems lab. New Delhi 2008.
- Participant in the training “Advanced Development and Troubleshooting of HPLC methods” by Spinco labs. Chennai- 2006.
- Training on “Foundations of Clinical Research and GCP” by ClinInvent Calcutta.August 2006.
- National: 08
- International: 04
- IPA life member, The Nilgiris branch.
Number of research projects supervised:
- M. Pharmacy :07
- B. Pharmacy : 01
AUTHOR/COAUTHOR FOR PAPER PUBLICATIONS
- Pharmacokinetic evaluation of Metolazone tablets using healthy human volunteers.Basvan babu, B.Gowramma,S.Muralidharan,S.N.Meyyanathan and B. Suresh. International journal of Bioanalysis and Biomedicine, 2009, 1(1), 39-40.
- Design, development and evaluation of Rosiglitazone sustained release matrix tablets, S. N. Meyyanathan, Nagasamy. V.D, Narendra Babu B, Satish kumar M.N, Jeyaprakas M.R, Babu. B, Krishnaveni.N, Gowramma B and Elango.K, Indian Drugs, August 2011,48(8), 15 – 21.
- Development and validation of direct chiral separation of Ibuprofen enantiomers of sustained release dosage form. Byran Gowramma, Selvadurai Muralidharan, Basvan Babu, Subramania Nainar Meyyanathan, Kannan Elango and Bhojraj Suresh. Journal Pharmacy Research. 2011, 4(6),
- Chiral HPLC method for the enantioselective analysis of rosiglitazone maleate in formulations. B. Gowramma, B. Babu, S. N. Meyyanathan and K. Elango.Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012, 5(1),79-81.
- New chiral normal phase hplc method for determination of pioglitazone enantiomers on its marketed formulation. B. Gowramma, B. Babu, S. N. Meyyanathan and K. Elango. Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012, 5(1),72-74.
- A RP-HPLC method for simultaneous estimation of aceclofenac, paracetamol and tizanidine hydrochloride in pharmaceutical formulation. Byran Gowramma, Baswan Babu, Naggappan Krishnaveni, Subramania Nainar Meyyanathan, Kannan Elango and Bhojraj Suresh.Journal of Pharmacy Research 2012,5(3),1313-1315.
- Chiral HPLC method for determination o f S and R zaltoprofen in pharmaceutical formulation. B. Gowramma, S. N. Meyyanathan, N. Krisnaveni, B. Babu and K. Elango. Contemporary Investigations and Observations in Pharmacy. 2012, 1(2), 103-109.
- Development and validation of LC-MS/MS method for the estimation of rosiglitazone enantiomers in pharmaceutical formulation. B. Gowramma, S. N. Meyyanathan, B. Babu, N. krishnaveni and k. Elango. International Research Journal of Pharmacy. 2012, 3(9), 123-126.
- Development of oral immediate release and Sustained release dosage form of Simvastatin and its Pharmacokinetic evaluation Basuvan Babu, Subramania Nainar Meyyanathan, ByranGowramma, Selvadurai Muralidharan, Kannan Elango, Bhojraj Suresh, International Journal of Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry 2012, 2(4) 252-259
- Development and validation of LC-APCI-MS method for the estimation of ellagic acid fresh and processed fruit products. Krishnaveni N, Meyyanathan SN, Gowramma B, Babu B and Elanko K. Journal of applied pharmaceutical sciences.
- Development and Validation Of LC-MS/MS Method for the Estimation of Zaltoprofen Enantiomers in Pharmaceutical Formulation. B. Gowramma, S. N. Meyyanathan, B. Babu, N. Krishnaveni and K. Elango. International Journal of Pharma and bioscience 2013, 4(1),883-889.
- Development and validation Of LC-MS/MS Method for the estimation of pioglitazone enantiomers in pharmaceutical formulation. B. Gowramma, S. N. Meyyanathan, B. Babu, N. Krishnaveni and K. Elango. International Journal of Biological and Pharmaceutical Research 2013, 4(2), 86-91.