- About JSSCP
- Courses Offered
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine
- Biostatistics & Computer Science
- Departmental Profiles
- Contact us
Dr. M.J. Nanjan
|Prof Dr M.J.Nanjan
45/J1, Vijayanagar palaceroad, The Nilgiris
Telefax : 0423-2447135 (O), 2450095 (R)
Date of Birth : July 2, 1939
Marital Status : Happily married to Ranee and blessed with three sons
Languages known : English, Tamil, Hindi and German
Academic Qualification : M.Sc., Ph.D., (University of Madras)
Fields of Interest : Chemistry
|1997-till date||Director, TIFAC Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Herbal Drugs / PG Studies and Research
J.S.S. College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund 643001
The Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, India
Teaching / Research Experience
|1984-1997||General Manager and Director of R & D Centre, Hindustan Photo Films, Ootacamund guiding a large number (150) of highly qualified scientists and technologists on product / process improvement, new product development, cost reduction, etc.
12 years of industrial research experience
|1961-1984||Assistant Professor at Presidency College, Madras and later as Reader and Professor of Physical Chemistry at the University of Madras
26 years of teaching and research experience
- Visiting Professor to the University of Köln, Germany, under German Academic Exchange Programme (DAAD)
- Visited Dupont’s R & D Centre at Neussenberg and Agfa’s Plant at Leverkusan, Germany and interacted with their experts.
- The following are some of the universities visited/ lectures were delivered in topics of Chemistry / Polymer Chemistry / Pharmaceutical Science and Technology /Herbal drugs.
- State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
- University of Toronto, Canada
- University of Köln, Germany
- Institute of Macromolecular Science, Frieburg, Germany
- Glasgow University, UK
- Technical University of Leoben, Austria
- University of Perujia, Italy
- The Technical University, Denmark
- Gifu University, Japan
- Chulalongkorn University, Thailand
- Mahidol University, Thailand
- University of Nairobi, Kenya
- University of Sydney, Australia
- Institute of Chemistry, Ceylon
- National Research Centre, Sudan
- National university of Rosario, Argentina
- State University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- University for Traditional Chinese Medicine, China.
- 92 Research papers published in International journals (Annexure I)
- 4 Indian Patents.
- 32 Ph.D Projects guided in various topics of chemistry / polymer chemistry, Pharmaceutical sciences (Annexure II). Presently guiding 6 scholars for their Ph.D., programme. Guiding 6Scholars presently for Ph.D., degree.
- As the coordinator of the UGC sponsored College Science Improvement Programme/ University leadership project (COSIP – ULP), conducted / organized several refresher courses / workshops in different topics for college teachers all over Tamil Nadu for making them more effective. Also set up a question bank for the use of undergraduate programme in chemistry.
- Served as a member of the Senate of Bharathiar University, Coimbatore from 1990-1993, representing the industry.
- Reviewer for the following journals
- Letters in Drug Design & Discovery
- Journal of Ethnopharmacology
- Journal of Medicinal chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry Research
- Natural Product Research
- Toxicological & Environmental Chemistry
- International Journal of Plant Physiology & Biochemistry
- International Journal for Medicinal Plant Research
- Member, Editorial Board of
- Journal of Chinese Integrative Medicine
- Journal of Natural Remedies
Research Projects Implemented as Principal Investigator
- Synthesis, characterization and spinning of KEVALAR – Like (Bullet proof) fibres from liquid crystalline solutions of polyamides, a project funded by Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). (Completed)
- Indo-German bilateral research project with the university of Regensburg, entitled “Targeting anticancer macromolecular pro-drugs to specific cells” supported by Department of Science and Technology, Govt. of India and the International Bureau for foreign collaboration, Govt. of Germany. (Completed)
- DST sponsored project entitled “Development of controlled / sustained release formulations for certain newer drugs”. (completed)
Industrial and Technological Achievements
a. Hindustan Photo Films, Ootacamund
- Developed expertise for manufacturing several specialty chemicals for in-house consumption as well as for export. Developed an indigenous formulation for subbing polyester base for photographic applications.
- Developed and commercialized new products like Medical Imaging Film, Dental X-ray film, Half Speed Medical X-ray, Cine Radiographic Film, Direct Recording Paper, Medical X-ray film suitable for 90 sec. Processing cycle. Aerial film for IAF, Personnel Monitoring Film, Photo Type Setting Paper, etc.
b. TIFAC Centre of Relevance and Excellence in Herbal Drugs, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund
- Developed herbal formulation ‘Hapenz’ for appetite stimulant for children and NSF-3, a natural sleep formulation. The safety and efficacy studies have been carried out. The products have been commercialized by M/s. Tablets (India) Ltd., Chennai.
- Carried out Pharmacological and Toxicological studies for several of the formulations given by the following industries/organizations.
- Apex laboratories, Chennai
- Tablets India pvt limited, Chennai
- Natural Remedies pvt limited, Bangalore
- Vedic Life Sciences, Mumbai
- Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakal
- Arya Vaidya Nilayam, Madurai
- TTK Pharma, Chennai
- Hindustan Lever Limited, Mumbai
- CavinKare Research Laboratory Ltd., Chennai.
- FLRHT, Bangalore.
- Developed a method for extraction and isolation of Solanesol, a chemical used for synthesizing coenzyme Q10, from potato leaves.
- Developed controlled/sustained release formulations for several drugs
- Developed several herbal formulations for industries
- Carried out several BA/BE studies for several industries
- Isolation of new leads from plant sources.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
- Discovery of novel glitazones incorporated with phenylalanine and tyrosine: Synthesis, antidiabetic activity and structure-activity relationships, M.J. Nanjan; Prashantha Kumar BR, RB Nasir, Sai Sudhir, Kiranmai Ashok, Koyal Kar. Bioorganic Chemistry, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.bioorg.2012.08.002.
- A simple and efficient synthesis of 3-2 Pyridinyldithio propanoic acid hydrazide : a heterobifunctional crosslinker. Rubha Saxena, M.J. Nanjan International journal of pharmacy & pharmaceutical sciences (In press).
- Resveratrol supplementation improves glycemic control in type 2 diabetes mellitus. Jayesh kumar Bhatt, Sabin Thomas, M.J.Nanjan. Nutr Res., 32, 537–541, 2012.
- In vitro antioxidant activity of Solanum jasminoides Paxt extracts. M.J.N. Chandrasekar, R.Srinivasan, O.Porwal, M.J. Nanjan Journal of Natural Remedies. Vol. 12/2 (2012)114-117.
- Sydnones, A Brief Review, Roshini Chandrasekhar, M.J. Nanjan Mini Rev Med Chem. 2012 Apr 17. [Epub ahead of print]
- Synthetic strategies for the construction of delta carbolines: A chemical ladder in search of novel drugs. Ankur Gupta, Bhagyashree Kamble, Nanjan Moola Joghee and Chandrasekar Moola Joghee Nanjan Current Organic Synthesis, 2012,9, 377-396.
- Development of sustained release antipsychotic tablets using novel polysaccharide isolated from Delonix regia seeds and its pharmacokinetic studies. K. Krishnaraj, M.J.N. Chandrasekar, M.J. Nanjan S. Muralidharan, D. Manikandan Saudi Pharmaceutical Journal (2012) 20, 239-248.
- Health Outcome Measures for Diabetes Mellitus: A Review. Jayesh K Bhatt, Sabin Thomas, Nanjan M.J. Applied Research in Quality of Life.DOI 10.1007/s11482-012-9168-8.
- Effect of Oral Supplementation of Vitamin C on Glycemic Control and Lipid Profile in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus. Jayesh K Bhatt, Sabin Thomas, Nanjan M.J. International Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences,2012,4, 2, 3541.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of some substituted 4-Piperidones, Manikandan D, Krishnaraj K, Nanjan M.J. International Journal of ChemTech Research, 2012, 4, 2, 532-538.
- Efficient conversion of N-terminal of L-tyrosine DL-phenyalanine and glycine to substituted 2-thioxo-thiazolidine 4-ones: A stereospecific synthesis, B.R. Prashantha Kumar, Prabudha Basu, L. Adhikary, M.J. Nanjan , Synthetic Communication: An international journal for rapid communication of synthetic organic chemistry, 42: 3089–3096, 2012.
- Synthesis and characterization of 3-Hydroxy-4, 5-dihydro[1,2,3] Oxadiazolo [3,4-A] Quinolin-10-ium and its Fluoro derivative. Roshini Chandrasekhar, B. Gopalan, M.J. Nanjan International Journal of Chem Tech Research Vol. 3, No.3, pp 1125-1128, July-Sept 2011
- Modern approaches to herbal drug standardization from a global perspective. M.J. Nanjan Ayurveda in Transition, Essays in memory of Aryavaidyan S. Varier, December 2010,Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala.
- Isolation and evaluation of a polysaccharide from Prunus amygdalus as a carrier for transbuccosal delivery of Losartan potassium. MJN.Chandrasekar, S.Mahesh Kumar, D.Manikandan, MJ.Nanjan. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, doi:10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2011.02.023 .
- Rigid and flexible docking studies on PPAR-α agonists: key interactions for a better antihyperglycemic activity and in silico pharmacodynamic activity versus experimental in vivo activity. B. R. Prashantha Kumar, S. Sopna, Jenson Verghese, Bijoy Desai, M. J. Nanjan. Med Chem Res DOI 10.1007/s00044-011-9792-0
- In vitro dissolution profile comparison of an anti-migraine combinational drug in dosage form. Hiremath Vijay Basayya, Kaliaperumal Krishna, Bhojraj Suresh, Nanjan Moola Joghee Chinese Journal of Chromatography, 2010, 28(1), 93-99
- Novel glitazones: Design, synthesis, glucose uptake and structure-activity relationships. B.R.Prashantha Kumar, M.J.Nanjan Bioorganic Medicinal Chemistry Letters, 2010, 20, 1953-56.
- Comparative molecular similarity indices analysis for predicting the antihyperglycemic activity of thioglitazones B.R.Prasanth Kumar and M.J.Nanjan Med Chem Res(2012)21:2689-2701, DOI 10.1007/s00044-009-9246-0(2010)
- Analysis of physicochemical properties for drugs from nature B.R Prashantha Kumar, Mukesh Soni, U.Bharvi Bhikhalal, Ismayil, M.Jagadesh, Praveen Bommu and M.J Nanjan. Medicinal Chemistry Research DOI 10.1007/s00044-009-9244-2(2010)
- Preliminary Phytochemical and Pharmacological investigations on Anaphalis neelgerriana DC. S.Vijayalakshmi, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Hamdard Medicus, 2009, 52(4), 136-142.
- Antimicrobial and wound Healing Activities of Anaphalis neelgerriana DC and Cnicus wallichii DC. S.Vijayalakshmi, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Hamdard Medicus, 2009, 52(3), 36-43.
- Anatomical studies on Cones of Cupressus sempervirens Linn. S.Manimaran, Saleemullah Khan, S.Thenmozhi, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh. Hamdard Medicus, 2009, 52(1), 40-45.
- Anatomical studies on Cones of Cupressus sempervirens Linn. S.Manimaran, Saleemullah Khan, S.Thenmozhi, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh. Hamdard Medicus, 2009, 51(3), 13-18.
- Differential Free Radical Scavenging Activity and Radioprotection of Caesalpinia Digyna Extracts and its Active Constituent Umang Singh, Amit Kunwar, R. Srinivisan, M. J. Nanjan and K. Indira Priyadarsini J. Radiat. Res, 2009, 50(5), 425-433.
- Hepatoprotective activity of petroleum ether, diethyl ether and methanol extract of Scoparia dulcis L. against CCl4 induced acute liver injury in mice, T. K. Praveen, S. Dharmaraj, Jitendra Bajaj, S.P.Dhanabal, S.Manimaran, M. J. Nanjan, Rema Razdan Indian J of Pharmacology, 2009, 41(3), 110-114.
- Pharmacognostical Studies of Anaphalis neelgerriana DC. S.Vijayalakshmi, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Aryavaidyan, 2008, XXI(2),113-117.
- QSAR study of Thiazolidine-2,4-dione derivatives for antihyperglycemic activity B.R.Prasanth Kumar and M.J.Nanjan Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Sept-Oct, 2008, 565-571.
- CoMFA Study on Thiazolidine-2,4-diones for their Antihyperglycemic Activity, B.R.Prasanth Kumar, Bijoy J.Desai, J.Vergheese, T.K.Praveen, B.Suresh, and M.J.Nanjan, Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2008, 5(2), 79-87.
- CoMFA Study, Syntheses, Antitubercular and Anticancer Activity of Some Novel 1,4-Dihydropyridines B.R.P. Kumar, S. Yuvaraj, A. Srivastava, V. Chaturvedi, Y.K. Manju, B. Suresh and M.J. Nanjan Letters in Drug Design & Discovery, 2008, 5(1), 7-14.
- Hepatoprotective activity of Scoparia dulcis linn. Against carbon tetrachloride-induced liver cirrhosis in rats T.K. Praveen, Rema Razdan, Meera Neelathahalli Kasthurirangan, Githa Kishore and M.J Nanjan Asian Journal of Traditional Medicines, 2008 3(4): 153-159
- Volatile constituents and antimicrobial activity of cone essential oil and its cream formulation of Cupressus sempervirens, S.Manimaran, L.Ramanathan, S.P.Dhanabal, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh. Journal of Indian Perfumer, 52, Oct – Dec 2008, P.23-27.
- Phyllanthus maderaspatensis , a dietary supplement for the amelioration of adriamycin-induced toxicity and oxidative stress in mice Praveen Bommu, Chandrasekar Moola Joghee Nanjan, Nanjan Moola Joghee, Satishkumar Muthureddy Nataraj, Suresh Bhojraj Journal of Natural Medicine (2008), 62:149-154
- Serum glucose and triglyceride lowering activity of some novel glitazones against dexamethasone-induced hyperlipidimia and insulin resistance B.R. Prashantha Kumar, T.K. Praveen, M.J. Nanjan, M.D. Karvekar, B.Suresh Indian Journal of Pharmacology, 2007 ,39(6) ,299-301
- Chemical Composition and Antimicrobial Activity of the Volatile Oil of the Cones of Cupressus torulosa D.DON from Nilgiris, India Manimaran Sellappan, Dhanabal Palanisamy, Nanjan Joghee and Suresh Bhojraj ,Asian Journal of Traditional Medicine, 2007, 2(6).
- Chemical Composition and Antimicrobial Activity of Cone Volatile Oil of Cupressus macrocarpa Hartwing from Nilgiris, India S.Manimaran, S.Tenmozhi, M.J Nanjan and B.Suresh. Natural Product Sciences. 13(3), 2007
- Synthesis and Pyrolysis-Field lonization Mass Spectrometric Study of an Aromatic Polyamide Having Azo Group in the Main Chain Chinnaswamy Thangavel Vijayakumar, Duraiswamy Jayaprakash, Moola Joghee Nanjan Polymer-Plastics Technology and Engineering, 46:12, 1187-1194.2007
- In vitro and In vivo studies on HPMC-K-100 M Matrices containing Naproxen sodium S. Mahesh Kumar, M.J.N Chandrashekar, R. Gopinath, R. Srinivasan, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Drug Delivery, 14, 163-169, No. 3, 2007.
- Synthesis and Antimicrobial Screening of 4-(3-Chloro-2-oxo-4-substituted phenylazetidine-1-yl) benzoic Acids M. J. Nanjan, V.H. Bhaskar and B. Suresh Asian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 19, No. 5 (2007), 3607-3611
- Antioxidant Activity Of Caesalpinia Digyna Root R.Srinivasan, M.J.N.Chandrasekar, M.J.Nanjan, B.Suresh Journal of Ethnopharmacology, 113 (2007)284-291
- Free radical scavenging activity of Ipomoea obscura (L.) Ker-Gawl R.Srinivasan, M.J.N.Chandrasekar, M.J.Nanjan, B.Suresh Journal of Natural Remedies, Vol 7/2 (2007) 184-198
- Microwave induced synthesis of Thiazolidine-2.4-dione and efficient solvent free solidphase parallel synthesis of 5-Benzytedene thiazotidine-2,4-dione and 4-oxo-2-thioxo-5-Benzytedene thiazolidine compounds B.R. Prasantha kumar, M.D. Karvekar, L. Adhikary, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Journal of Heterocyclic Chemistry, 42, Jul-Aug 2006, 897-903.
- Chemorptective potential of Phyllanthus maderaspatensis on cisplatin indiced nephrotoxicity and genotoxicity M.J.N Chandrasekar, Praveen Bommu, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Pharmaceutical Biology, 44(2): 100-106 2006.
- Determination of Bergenin in Cesalpinia digyna Rottler by RP-HPLC Method M.J.N Chandrasekar, R.Srinivasan, R.Gopinath, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Analytical Chemistry : An Indian journal., 1: 31-35,2006.
- A Novel pro-drug approach to the problem associated with the use of aspirin. M. J. N.Chandrasekar, B. Duraiswamy, Pokalwar Nithin, M. J. Nanjan, and B. Suresh Indian Drugs, 38 (7), 351-354 (2001).
- Coupling of Indomethacin to Poly (HEMA), its in vitro and Bioavailability Characterisation. M.J.N. Chandrasekar, M.J. Nanjan and B. Suresh Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 66 (1), 69-71. 2005.
- Herbal remedies for Acne S.Mahesh Kumar, M.J.N.Chandresekar, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Natural Product Radiance, 4(4),328,2005.
- Phytochemical investigation on leaf volatile oil of Atlantia monophylla, Correa. S. Manimaran, S. Sathya, T. Subburaju, K. Chinnaswamy, M. J. Nanjan and B. Suresh Indian Perfumer, 46(4), 341, 2002.
- Comparitive study of gallic acid content in marketed siddha formulations of Triphala Chooranam and Talets by HPTLC S. Mmanimaran, T. Subburaju, S. S. Raja, S. Alok, G. Vaibhav, K. Chinnaswamy, M. J. Nanjan and B. Suresh Indian Drugs, 40(9), 532, 2003.
- Synthesis and evaluation of a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory polymeric pro-drug for sustained and site-specific delivery M.J.N.Chandrasekar, M.Ravichandran, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy, 27(9), 959-964 (2001).
- Reversed phase HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of paracetamol chlorzoxazone and diclofenac sodium formulations S.Ravisankar, M.J.Nanjan, M.Vasudevan, Biju Kurian and B.Suresh Indian Drugs, 34(11) 663-665, 1998.
- Reversed phase HPLC method for the simultaneous estimation of metromidazole and nalidixic acid in formulations S.Ravisankar, M.Vasudevan, M.J.Nanjan, M.Gandhimathi and B.Suresh Indian Drugs, 35(6), June 1998.
- Hollow microspheres of Nifidipine as controlled drug delivery system K.Bangarurajan, S.Premlal, M.J.Nanjan and B.Suresh Macomolecules, New Frontiers, Vol.2, Ed. Srinivasan, K.S.V. pp 606 (1998), Allied Publishers.
- Synthesis and in vitro evaluation of pendent substituted Naproxen from a swellable copolymer as a drug delivery system M.J.N.Chandrasekar, Rajeev Dube, B.Suresh and M.J.Nanjan Macomolecules, New Frontiers, Vol.2, Ed. Srinivasan, K.S.V. pp 603 (1998), Allied Publishers.
- Three simple spectrophotometric methods for the estimation of tridazole and furazolidone in tablets S.Ravisankar, M.J.Nanjan, M.Vasudevan, B.Duraiswamy, B.Suresh and Nizar Noorudeen Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, PP 116-118, March-April 1998.
- Simultaneous estimation of atenolol and amlodipin in formulations by RP-HPLC S.Ravisankar, M.J.Nanjan, M.Vasudevan, Nahed Sheet and B.Suresh Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 59(4), 171-173, 1997.
- Reversed phase HPLC method for the estimation of Trinidazole and furazolidone in formulations S.Ravisankar, M.J.Nanjan, M.Vasudevan, N.Noorudeen and B.Suresh Indian Drugs, 35(10) 667-668, October 1998.
- Polyhydrazides and Polyoxadiazoles M.J.Nanjan Encyclopaedia of Polymer Science and Engineering, Vol. 12, Second Edition, pp.312-339, 1988.
- Thermal Behaviour and Fiber Studies of Certain Azo-Aromatic Polyamides V.Rajendran and M.J.Nanjan J.Applied Polymer Science, Vol.37, No.12, pp-3281-3298, 1989.
- Synthesis and characterization of certain Aromatic Azo polyamides V.Rajendran and M.J.Nanjan J.Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry Edition, Vol.25, pp. 829-838, 1987.
- Charge Density-Activation Energy correlation in the bromination of thiophenes by N-Bromosuccinimide in solution Lalitha Rajaraman, M.J.Nanjan and V.Kannappan Indian Journal of Chemistry, Vol.27-A, pp.498-503, June 1988.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain New-Poly (bisimide) s.l, M.J.Nanjan and K.Sivaraj J.Polymer Science, Pt.A., Polymer Chemistry, Vol.27, pp.375-388, 1989.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain Polyamides containing the Azo Group in the Main Chain D.Jayaprakash, M.Balasubramanian and M.J.Nanjan J.Polymer Science,Polymer Chemistry Edition,Vol.23,pp.2319-2326,1985.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of some Aromatic Polyamides containing Double Bonds P.Sachindrapal and M.J.Nanjan J.Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry Edition, Vol.22, pp.33705-3713, 1984.
- Synthesis of certain New Polyamide-Imides K.Sivaraj and M.J.Nanjan Makronol. Chem.Rapid Communication, Vol.4, pp.669-673, 1983.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of some Alliphatic Polyamides containing 4,4’-Azodiphenylene Units S.Chidambaram and M.J.Nanjan Makromol.Chem.Vol.184, pp. 22225-2230, 1983.
- Synthesis of a New Azopolyamide-Hydrazide M.J.Nanjan and D.Jayaprakash J.Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry Edition, Vol.21, pp.1227-1231, 1983.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain Aromatic Poly-fumaramides P.Sachindrapal and M.J.Nanjan J.Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry Edition, Vol.20, pp.1959-1963, 1982.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain Polyhydrazides containing Azo Group in the Main Chain D.Jayaprakash and M.J.Nanjan J.Polymer Science, Polymer Chemistry Edition, Vol.21, pp.2301-2309, 1983.
- Synthesis and Polyamide-imides form N,N-pyromellitoyl Diglycine A.Thirunavukkarasu and M.J.Nanjan Polymer Journal, Vol.15, No.11, pp.858, 1983.
- Synthesis, Characterisation and Fiber Studies of certain Aromatic Polyamides M.Balasubramanian, M.J.Nanjan and M.Santappa J.Applid Polymer Science, Vol.27, pp.1423-1432, 1982.
- 2-Bromothiophene-Bromine complex V.Kannappan, M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan Acta Ciencia Indica, Vol.III, No.4, pp. 196, 1982.
- Halogen Substituent Effects M.J.Nanjan, V.Kannappan and R.Ganesan Indian Journal of Chemistry, Vol.21A, No.1, pp.66-67, January, 1982.
- Charge Density-Activation Energy Correlations in Electrophilic Bromination of Thiophenes M.J.Nanjan, V.Kannappan and R.Ganesan Zeitschrift fur Physikalische Chemie, Neue Folge, Bd.127, S.13-21, 1981.
- Charge Density-Activation Energy Correlations in Electrophilic Aromatic Substitution Reactions M.J.Nanjan, V.Kannappan and R.Ganesan Monatsshefte Fur Chemie, 112, pp.581-585, 1981.
- Synthesis of Aromatic-Aliphatic Polyamides containing Azo Linkage P.Sachindrapal, S.Ramaswamy and M.J.Nanjan Polymer Bulletin, 5, p.417-424, 1981.
- Synthesis of Polyamides containing Azo Groups D.Jayaprakash, L.Ravikumar and M.J.Nanjan Makromol.Chem. Rapid Communication, Vol.2, pp.661-615, 1981.
- Syntheis of Polyamides containing 4,4’Azodibenzamido Units P.Sachindrapal and M.J.Nanjan Makromol.Chem. 182, pp. 853-859, 1981.
- Syntheis of Aromatic Polyamides containing Ether Linkage P.Sachindrapal and M.J.Nanjan Makromol.Chem., Rapid Commun.1, pp. 667-670, 1980.
- Formation Constant of Tribromide Ion V.Kannappan and M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan Indian Journal of Chemistry, Sec.A, Vol.19, No.8, pp.815-816, August, 1980.
- Kinetics of Bromination of certain substituted Thiophenes in Solution V.Kannappan, M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan Indian Journal of Chemistry, Vol.19A, pp.1183-1187, December, 1980.
- On the Substituent Effect of Halogens in Aromatic Substitutions M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan Monatshefte fur Chemie, 110, pp.647-655, 1979.
- Synthesis of Poly-p-xylidene Lalitha Rajaraman, B.Balasubramanian and M.J.Nanjan Current Science, Vo.49, pp.103, 1980.
- Structure of 2,2-bis 4(p-aminophenoxy) phenyl propane E.Subramaniam, V.Lalitha, M.J.Nanjan, M.Balasubramanian and B.Border Struct. Commun., 9, 1980.
- Charge Density distribution in some thiazoles Lalitha, V.Kannappan and M.J.Nanjan, Indian Journal of Chemistry, 20A, pp.714, 1981.
- Synthesis of a Polyamide containing an Azo Group in the Polymer Chain M.Balasubramanian, M.J.Nanjan and M.Santappa, Makromol.Chem., 180, pp.2517-2519, 1979.
- Conformation Studies on Acetanilide, 2-Methylacetanilide and N-Methylacetanilide M.J.Nanjan, V.Kannappan and R.Ganesan, Indian Journal of Chemistry, Sec.B.Vol.18, No.5, pp.461-463, Nov, 1979.
- Transition State in the Bromination of p-Bromophenol G.P.Rajendran and M.J.Nanjan, Indian Journal of Chemistry, Vol.168, No.8, pp.248-250, March 1978.
- Synthesis of Poly [2,2 bis 4(p-amino phenoxy) phenyl-propane-Terephthalic acid] M.J.Nanjan, M.Balasubramanian, KSV Srinivasan and M.Santappa, Polymer, Vol.18, 41, 1977.
- Arrhenius Activation Energy for the Bromination of Diphenyl Ether in Acetic Acid M.J.Nanjan, K.V.Seshadri and R.Ganesan, Indian Journal of Chemistry, Vol.13, No.6, pp.629-630, June 1975.
- Kinetics of the Bromination of Aromatic Compounds in Solution – Part III M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan, Zeitschrift fur Physikalische Chemie, Neue Folge, 91, pp.183-192, 1974.
- On the use of Methyl alcohol as a Solvent for Bromine in Kinetic Studies. M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan, J.Indian Chem.Society, Vol l.pp.563, August, 1973.
- The Kinetics of the Bromination of Aromatic Compounds Part V, M.J.Nanjan and R.Ganesan, Current Science, Vol.41, No.17, pp.650, September 5, 1972.
Ph.D., PROJECTS GUIDED BY Dr. M.J.NANJAN
- Synthesis, Characterisation and fibre studies of certain aromatic polyamides M.Balasubramaniam, 1980.
- Kinetic studies on the Bromination of certain substitute thiophenes in solution V.Kannappan, 1980.
- Kinetic studies on the Bromination of certain substituted thiophenes in solution using N-Bromosuccinimide Mrs. Lalitha Rajaraman, 1980.
- Kinetic studies on the Bromination of certain Anilides and Anisoles in aqueous acetic acids R.Kalyanasundaram, 1983.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain polymers containing azo group in the main chain. D.Jayaprakash, 1983.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of some aromatic polyamides containing double bonds in the main chain D. Sechandrapal, 1983.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain New Aromatic Polyamides V. Chandrasekhar, 1984
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain aliphatic-aromatic polyamides S.Chidambaram, 1984.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain new polymers A. Thirunavukkarasu, 1984.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain new polyimides Kalluri Sivaraj, 1984.
- Synthesis and Characterisation of certain new copolyimides R.Anjappan, 1985.
- Synthesis, Characterisation and fibre studies of certain new Azoaromatic polyamides. V.Rajendran, 1986.
- Studies on microspheres containing certain anti-inflammatory drugs as controlled delivery systems. K.Bangarurajan, 1997.
- Development of HPLC methods and optimization of parameters for the simultaneous estimation of drugs in a few multicomponent dosage forms S.Ravisankar, 1998.
- Synthesis, Characterisation and evaluation of certain non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pro-drugs for controlled and site-specific delivery M.J.N.Chandrasekar, 1999.
- Development and validation of HPLC methods for the simultaneous estimation of drugs in a few multicomponent dosage forms M.Vasudevan, 2000.
- Design and Development of an bilayered buccoadhesive drug delivery system: An approach to improve oral bioavailability of certain drugs M. Ravichandran, 2003.
- Design and Development of Certain Oral Sustained Release Products of Flurbiprofen and Nimesulide S.M.Vijayendraswamy, 2003
- Synthesis, Characterisation and Pharmacological Evaluation of Some Heterocuclic compounds V.H.Bhaskar, 2004.
- Synthesis and Evaluation of a New Polymeric Pro-drug for sustained and site-specific delivery B.Duraiswamy, 2004.
- Development of some herbal formulation for hepatic disorders and hyperlipidemia N.Mahadevan, 2004.
- Synthesis and evaluation of some nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory polymeric pro-drugs for sustained drug delivery Bigala Big Rajkamal, 2005.
- Development and Validation of In Vitro-In Vivo Correlations for Some Modified Release Formulations J.R. Aravinda Raj, 2005.
- Antioxidant and Phytochemical studies of Phyllanthus Maderaspatensis Linn. Praveen Bommu, 2007
- Pharmacognostical and Pharmacological investigation on Anaphalis neelgerriana DC and Cnicus Wallichi DC Mrs. S. Vijayalakshmi, 2007
- CNS activity of Bennincasa hispida(Thunp) Cong in animal models. Mr. D.Anilkumar, 2007
- Investigations of certain indigenous medicinal plants for anticancer activity Mr. R Srinivasan, 2007
- Development of oral controlled release and transmucosal delivery systems for selected drug candidates Mr. S. Maheshkumar, 2008.
- Development and evaluation of a new combined dosage form for Migraine Vijay B Hiremath, 2009.
- Computer assisted design, synthesis and biological evaluation of some novel hetrocyclic compounds Prashanth Kumar B.R., 2009.
- Health Outcome Measures and Vascular Risk Factors in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus receaving Vitamin C and Resveratrol Supplementation. Jayesh Kumar Bhatt., 2012.
- Investigation on Ipomoea Leari for its Anticancer potential. Omji Porwal., 2012.