- Ph. D. (Pharmacy), The Tamil Nadu Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai,1999.
- M. Pharm., Jadavpur University, Kolkata, 1988.
- B. Pharm., Jadavpur University, Kolkata , 1986.
- A.I.C., Institution of Chemists (India), Kolkata, 1989.
23 years UG/PG Teaching & Research in Pharmaceutical Science.
Pharmaceutical Technology / Pharmaceutics
Professor & Head, Department of Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, JSS College of Pharmacy, Elkhill Road, Ooty-643001
Immediate Past position:
Worked as the Director & Head, Amity Institute of Pharmacy, Amity University, Sector-125, Noida during 18-11-2009 to 12-01-2010
Other Positions Held:
Lecturer: 12-7-1988 to 31-10-1994 at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
Assistant Professor & HOD: 01-11-1994 to 05- 4 -1999 at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
Professor & HOD: 06- 4 -1999 to 13-11-2009 at JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty
Principal- ROFEL Sri G.M.Bilakhia College of Pharmacy, Vapi, Gujarat from March 1st, 2006 to May 20, 2006.
Novel Drug Delivery System /Bio-Pharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics
Patents: 02 filed and published
51 ( National : 21, International : 25, Professional article:05); Presentations: 56
- Modernization of Manufacturing and Evaluation operation of drugs using the state–of- Art Technology, RS.-7 Lakhs, All India Council of Technical Education, New Delhi, 1999.
- Study on Polymeric Ophthalmic Inserts of Natural Forskolin & Forskolin Analogues in the Treatment of Glaucoma, Rs. 3.65 lakhs, AICTE, New Delhi, 2003.
- Establishment of Pharmacokinetic laboratory for Herbal drugs, Rs. 57.50 lakhs, AICTE, New Delhi, 2007.
- Project Director for FULBRIGHT Fellowship- senior expert faculty by United States Education Foundation of India, New Delhi, and CIES, Washington DC, 2006
- Project Coordinator for establishment of JSS group of educational institutions in Technology and Medical sciences submitted to the Govt. of West Bengal, India 2006.
- Projects related to one Council For Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) 2003, New Delhi & Five Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi Fellowships amounting Rs. 12 lakhs, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010 & 2011 and one National Doctoral Fellowship (NDF) from AICTE, 2009.
- Registered Pharmacist, West Bengal Pharmacy Council, Calcutta. Regd. No A- 1025
- Examiner and paper setter including Chief Superintendent of examinations for Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, Bharathiyar University, Coimbatore, Bangalore University, Rajiv Gandhi University, Bangalore, Annamalai University, Annamalai, Sardar Patel University, Gujarath, Osmania University & JNT University, Hyderabad, Kerala University, MAHE, Manipal, Dept. of Science and Technology, Govt. of Kerala, TNPSC.
- Technical expert and Inspector of Pharmacy Council of India (P. C. I.), New Delhi.
- Technical expert and Inspector of Dr.M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai.
- Expert for Appointment & Interview committee, Jadavpur University, Kolkata.
- Scientific committee member of Indian Pharmaceutical Congress Association.
- Member, Editorial Board, International Journal of Pharmaceutical Recipients, Mumbai.
- Member, Board of Studies & Academic Council, JSS University, Mysore, Dr. M.G. R. Medical University, Chennai and S.R.M. Deemed University, Chennai.
- Member, Executive Council, IGNOU Study Centre, TOISDOC, Biswas, West Bengal.
- Reviewer, Scientific Research Papers, IJPS, Mumbai, IJPE, Bangalore & Phytotherapy Research, John Willey Publication, U.K
- Outstanding Achievements, Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, 6th edition, USA.
- Member, Research Board of Advisors, American Biographical Institute, Inc., USA.
- Reviewer, Scientific Research Papers, ICMR, New Delhi.
- Advisor, Karunamayee Educational Society’s Horizon group of Institutions, Hyderabad.
- Guest Editor, Journal of Drug Delivery, Hindawi Publishing Corporation, USA for its special issue.
Positions Held / Holding:
- Chairman/Co-Chairman, Scientific Session, 52nd IPC, Hyderabad, 2000, Kolkata, 2005, 62nd IPC, Manipal, 2010, 63rd IPC-Bangalore 2011.
- Coordinator, QIP Development Programme, AICTE, New Delhi, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007 & 2009
- Resource Person, QIP Development Programme, AICTE, New Delhi, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007& 2009
- Resource Person, National Talent Search Programme, DST, New Delhi, 1999.
- Resource Person, Training Programme for working Pharmacists, PCI-WHO sponsored workshop, New Delhi, 2001.
- Resource Person, Workshop for Pharmacy Teachers, AICTE- ISTE sponsored programme, New Delhi, 2001.
- Programme Co-Ordinator, Fulbright Fellowship, USEFI, New Delhi, 2006.
- Chairperson, Organizing Committee, International Conference, Ooty, 2007.
- Chairperson, Registration Committee, National Conference, Ooty, 2008
- National Coordinator, QIP Cell, AICTE, New Delhi, 2008.
Senior Specialist Fellowship Programme under FULBRIGHT Scholarship through United States Education Foundation of India (USEFI) and CIES, Washington DC
Approved guide for Research leading to Ph.D. degree and Post–Graduate studies for JSS University, Mysore and Dr. M.G.R Medical University, Chennai. Recognized paper setter and evaluator for Ph.D examinations for JNT University, Hyderabad and Kerala University, Kerala.
Research Projects Supervised: Ph.D. –11, P.G -48, U.G - 5
Awards and Honors
- Member of the Editorial Board of the International Journal of Pharmaceutical Excipients, an International Journal published by Enar Foundation Research, Mumbai, India.
- Associateship of the Institute of Chemists, India (AIC) from Indian Institute of Chemists, Calcutta.
- Member of the sub committee of the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi, Study Centre, Biswas, Midnapur, West Bengal.
- Outstanding Achievement from Marquis Who’s Who in Science and Engineering, New Providence, NJ-07974, USA.
- “ Kriti-Santan”- Sahid Matangini Panchayat Samity, Midnapur, West Bengal.
- Man of The Year-2002, American Biographical Institute, USA.
- Council For Scientific and Industrial Research, New Delhi, Fellowship for Ph.D. guiding, 2003
- Indian Council for Medical Research, New Delhi, Fellowship for Ph.D. Guiding, 2006, 2007 & 2008.
- National Coordinator, AICTE QIP cell, New Delhi, 2008.
- NDF, AICTE Fellowship for Ph. D. Guiding, 2009.