- About JSSCP
- Courses Offered
- Pharmaceutical chemistry
- Pharmaceutical Analysis
- Pharmaceutical Biotechnology
- Pharmacy Practice
- Phytopharmacy & Phytomedicine
- Biostatistics & Computer Science
- Departmental Profiles
- Contact us
|Name||Dr K Elango|
|Address||JSS College of Pharmacy Rocklands PO Box No.20 Ooty 643 001 The Nilgiris, Tamilnadu, India]|
|Telephone No.||0423-2443393 – Extn. 203 (O) Extn. 267 (R)|
|Cell No.||94432 57859|
- 2002,Ph.D Pharmacology, The TamilnaduDr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- 1990,M.Pharmacy, The TamilnaduDr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
- 1980, B. Pharmacy, Madras Medical College, Madras University, Chennai
|University / College||Designation||Period|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund.||Principal I/c||July 2008 – Till date|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund.||Vice Principal||September 2003 – June 2008|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund.||Professor & H.O.D
Department of Pharmacology
|December 1996 –March 2010|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund||Assistant Professor||November 1994–November 1996|
|JSS College of Pharmacy, Ootacamund||Lecturer||March 1984 – October 1994|
|University / College||Designation||Period|
|SARA Pharmaceuticals, Nagercoil , Tamilnadu||Manufacturing Chemist (Trainee)||1981 –1982|
|Approved manufacturing Chemist||1982 – 1984|
|Central Drug Research Institute, Lucknow||Practical Trainee||October 1st to November 15th 1990|
|IMPCOPS, Thiruvanmiyur, Madras.||Practical Trainee||4th July 1994 - 30th July 1994|
|Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Nilgiris branch||President||2006 and 2007 (2 years)|
MEMBERSHIPS OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES
- Indian Pharmaceutical Association – Life Member
- Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India – Life Member
- Pharmaceutical Society of India –Life Member
- AICTE-NBA workshop – Expert
- Chairmen, Board of studies UG, JSS University, Mysore, Karnataka, India
- Member, Academic council, JSS University, Mysore, Karnataka, India
- Executive Committee Member, Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India.
- Chairman, Institutional animal ethical committee, JSS college of Pharmacy, Ooty approved by CPCSEA for animal testing facility.
- Approved manufacturing chemist for DTL, JSS college of Pharmacy, Ooty by director, Druga control department of Tamilnadu, Chennai.
- Ex-member Board ofStudies (Pharmacy) TN Dr M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai, India.
- Member, Board of research committee, SRM University, Chennai.
- Ex Senate member of The TamilnaduDr. M.G.R. Medical University, Chennai
Sponsored projects/Grants received
- “Review, Revitalize the traditional medicine against ulcers and diabetes” under R&D scheme of AICTE, New Delhi worth Rs. 10 lakhs during 2001-2003.
- “Modernization of Pharmacology laboratory” under MODROBSscheme of AICTE, New Delhi worth Rs. 14 lakhs during 2001-2002.
- “Modernization and up-gradation of pharmacology laboratory for research excellence in Anti-inflammatory and osteoarthritic area”under MODROBS scheme of AICTE, New Delhi worth Rs. 15 lakhs during 2005-2006.
- “Isolation of Bioactive principles from Mucunapruriens, TinosporaCordifolia and their Pharmacological activities in experimental parkinsonism models”under RPS scheme of AICTE, New Delhi worth Rs. 18.5 lakhs during 2009-2011.
- “Modrenization of molecular pharmacology laboratory for in vitro pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic interaction studies” under MODROBS scheme of AICTE, New Delhi worth Rs. 12 lakh during 2012-2013.
- “Herb-Drug interactions of Hypoglycemics: A pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic approach”as principle investigator underSRF scheme ICMR, New Delhi worth 7.12 lakhs during 2012-2014.
- 2 students awarded PhD under Tamilnadu Dr. MGR Medical university, Chennai.
- 4 students registered for PhD under JSS University, Mysore.
- Published more than 50 research articles in national and international journals.
- Presented more than 100 papers in National and International conferences.
- Guided more than 50 post graduate (M.Pharmacy) students
- Joint Secretary - Second International conference and Indo-Canadian satellite symposium on Pharmaceutical science, Technology, Practice and Natural Products held on February 24-26, 2007.
Jointly organized by: University of Toronoto, Ontario, Canada.
TIFAC CORE in herbal drugs, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, India.
St. Michael’s Hospital, Risk factor Modification Centre, Canada.
- Organizer – A collaborative workshop on INDO-AUSTRALIA strategic research fund on “Plant neutraceuticals and bioactive molecules; A growth opportunity for the pharmaceutical industry in Australia and India” held on June 2-6, 2009.
Jointly organized by: University of Sydney, Australia
TIFAC CORE in herbal drugs, JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, India.
- Organizer – International seminar on herbal drug research: Present and future prospects held on December 4-5, 2009.
Organized by: JSS College of Pharmacy, Ooty, India.
- Chairman, Scientific services committee – Theme: India Surging Forward as the Global Pharma Destination – IPA CONVENTION 2010; Indian Congress of Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Sciences & Indian Pharmaceutical Association Convention held on March 13-14, 2010.
- Chairperson – Indo-American Pharmaceutical Regulatory symposium held on November 20-21,2010.
Jointly organized by: Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai.
Northeastern University, Boston, USA.
Annamalai University, Chidambaram.
JSS University, Mysore.
Indian Pharmaceutical Association, Tamilnadu Branch, Chennai.
- Co-Chairman, Scientific session on Drug Discovery-II – Indo-US Symposium on “Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry and Drug Discovery” – Molecule to Medicineheld on April 21-23, 2011.
Organized by: JSS University, Mysore.
Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Hyderabad.
Supported by: Indo-US Science & Technology Forum.
American Chemical Soceity.
Course coordinator for SDP and QIP
- Modern Techniques in Pharmaceutical Chemistry & Pharmaceutical Analysis held on March 14-27, 2011.
- Applications of Pharmacokinetics and Biostatistics in Clinical Practice held on March 14-26, 2011.
- Current Scenario: Drug Delivery Systems and Regulatory Challenges held on March 14-26, 2011.
- Recent Developments in Phytopharmaceutical Research held on March 15-28, 2010.
- Recent techniques (Invivo and Invitro) in experimental pharmacology held on October 12-18, 2009.
- Trends In Molecular Biotechnology & Recent Techniques (In Vitro And In Vivo) In Experimental Pharmacology held on October 05-10, 2009.
- Introduction to Clinical Research and Pharmacovigilance held on March 20-26, 2009.
- New Horizons in Pharmaceutical Technology and Pharmacokinetics held on March 16 -22, 2009.
- Emerging trends and Future Prospects in Herbal Drug Discovery held on March 2-14, 2009.
- Recent Trends in Experimental Pharmacology held on March 02-08, 2009.
- Recent Techniques in Pharmaceutical Analysis held on March 14-20, 2008.
- Herbal Drug Research – Challenges and Solutions held on March 03-15, 2008.
- Trends in Drug Discovery & Drug Development held on February 09-22, 2008.
- Experimental Techniques in Pharmacology & Toxicology held on March 01-08, 2006.
- Pharmacological Techniques in Drug Development and Safety Profiles held on February 23- March 7, 2004.
- Current Trends in Herbal Research, Formulation, Development&Standardisation Criteria held on March 05-17, 2007.
- Recent Development in Experimental Techniques in Pharmacology (Invitro& Safety profile) held on December 06-18, 2004.
Ph.D Thesis evaluator and examiner for
- KakatiyaUniversiy, Warangal, A.P.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka.
- SRM University, Chennai.
- Vinayaga Missions University, Salem.
- Tamilnadu Dr. MGR medical University, Chennai.
- KLE University, Belgaum.
- Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Hyderabad
- Andhra University, Visakapatnam.
M.Pharm examiner and Question paper setter for
- Kakatiya University, Warangal.
- Andhra University, Visakapatnam.
- Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences, Karnataka, Bangalore.
- GITAM University, Visakapatnam.
- Manipal University, Manipal.
- The TamilNaduDr.MGR Medical University, Chennai.
- SRM University, Chennai.
- Kerala University, Trivandrum.
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam.
- Calicut University, Calicut.
PUBLICATIONS in Peer Reviewed National and International Journals
- Vadivelan.R, Dhanapal.S.P,Rajarajeshwari, Shanish.A,Elango.K, Suresh.B. Oxidative stress in Diabetes -A Key therapeutic agent. Research Journal of Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics. 2010;2(3):221-227.
- Shanishantony, Jayasankar, Partha Deb Roy, Pankaj N, Duraiswamy B, Elango K. Renal protectant activity of Colcheariaaromatica in 5/6 nephrectomised rat model. Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics: 2(4), 2010, 300-302.
- VadivelanR,Dhanabal S.P, Mohan Patil, Shanish A, Elango K and Suresh B. Antidiabetic activity of Mukiamaderspatatna(L) roem in Alloxan induced diabetic rats, Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics:2(1), 2010,78-80.
- Vadivelan.R, Dhanapal.S.P. Rajarajeshwari, Shanish.A. Elango.K and Suresh.B. Oxidative stress in Diabetes -A Key therapeutic agent, Research J. Pharmacology and Pharmacodynamics: 2(3) 2010, 221-218.
- Shanish Antony A,parthaDebroy, Vadivelan R, Jayashankar K, Vikram M, Nandini S, Sundeep M, Elango K, Suresh B. Amelioaration of CNS toxicities of L.Dopa in experimental models of parkinsons disease by concurrent treatment with Tinosporacordifolia, Hygeia: Vol-2(1) 2010,28-37.
- Jubie.S, Rajesh kumar.R, Yellareddy.B, Siddhartha.G, Sandeep.M, Surendrareddy.K, Dushyanth.H.S and Elango.K. Microwave assisted synthesis of some novel benzimidazole substituted Fluoroquinolones and their antimicrobial evaluation. Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, 2(2),2010,69-76.
- Nilani, P,Raveesha, P.; Kasthuribai N., B. Rahul Nandkumar; Duraisamy, B.; Dhamodaran, P.; Elango, K. Formulation and Evaluation of Polysaccharide Based Biopolymer-An Ecofriendly Alternative for Synthetic Polymer., Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research (2010), 2(3), 178-184.
- R.Vadivelan, P.Rajeshkumar, S.Bhadra, A.Shanish, K.Elango and B.Suresh. Evaluation of antioxidant activity of rootsextracts of Rubusellipticus(Smith), Hygeia: 1 (1), 2009,28-27.
- Nilani.P,Duraiswamy.B, Dhamodaran.P, Kasthuribai.N, and Elango.K, Antioxidant activity of traditionally used herbal extract in the treatment of bronchial asthma. Herbal Tech Industry;Journal of Herbal Science and Technology , 5(7); July 2009. p14-16.
- R.Vadivelan, A.RaghuramS.Bhadra, AVS Ravi, A.Shanish, M.N Satish Kumar K.Elango and B.Suresh. Anti-Inflammatory and membrane stabiling property of AyaChendooram in Wistar rats-A Siddha drug, Pharmakine: VolI(1),April-June ,2009; 18-21.
- R.Vadivelan,S. Bhadra, AVS Ravi, K.Singh, A.SAhanish, K.Elango and B.Suresh. Evaluation of anti -inflammatory and membrane stabilizing property of ethanol root extract of Rubusellipticus smith and albino rats, Journal of Natural remedies: Vol 9(1) 2009,74-78.
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, B.Suresh, B.R.Ramesh, S,Bhadra, A,Raghuram,R.Sampathkumar. Effect of siddha drug (Kanthachendooram) on indomethacin induced gastric ulcer lesions in rats, J. Res. Educ Indian Med: July-Sep 2008, 23-28.
- K.Elango, T.Subburaju, B.Suresh,B.R.Ramesh, and R.Vadivelan. Gastro protective and antioxidant effects of Siddha drug (musaparadisiacabhasma) on experimentally induced gastric ulcers in rats, J. Res. Educ Indian Med: Jan-Mar 2007, 63-69.
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, B.Suresh, B.R.Ramesh, S,Bhadra, A,Raghuram,R.Sampathkumar. Pharmacological validation of Kanthachendooram for anti ulcer activity in modified pylorus ligated (Shay) rat model, Ancient Science of Life: Vol: No.XXVII, 2007,38-43.
- R.Vadivelan,K.Elango, B.Suresh,B.R.Ramesh. Pharmacological Validation of Musa paradisiacabhasma for its antiulcer activity in albino rats-A Preliminary study, Ancient Science of Life: Vol: No.XXV, 2006, 67-70.
- S.P.Dhanapal ,KokateC.K,Ramanathan M, Elango .K, E.P.Kumar, T,Subburaj , S.Manimaran and Suresh B. Effect of Momordicadioica on blood glucose and biochemical parameters in alloxan diabetic Rats. Advances in Pharmacology and Toxicology. Vol. 5(2), 2004, 7-14.
- S.P.Dhanabal, C.K.Kokate, M.Ramanathan, K.Elango, E.P.Kumar, T.Subbaraju, S.Manimaran and B.Suresh Effects of Momordicadioica on Blood glucose and biochemical parameters in Alloxan diabetic rats.Adv Pharmacology. Toxicology Vol .5 (2)2004,7-14
- S.P.Dhanabal, C.K.Kokate, M.Ramanathan, K.Elango, E.P.Kumar, T.Subbaraju, S.Manimaran and B.Suresh.Antihyperglycemic activity of Polygala arvensis in Alloxan Diabetic rats. Indian Drugs. 41(11), 2004, 690-94.
- Vadivelan R, Dipanjan M, Umashankar P, Dhanapal, S.P ,SatishKumar M.N, Shanish Antony,Elango K.Hypoglycemic antioxidant and hypoliidemic activity of Asparagus racemosus on Streptozotocin induced diabetic in rats. Advances in Applied Science Research. 2011;2(3):179-185.
- VadivelanR, Umashankar P, Dipanjan M, Dhanabal, SP, Shanish A, Satish Kumar MN, Elango K. Antidiabetic activity of Madhumegachuranam (Siddha formulation) in Alloxan induced diabetic rats. Der Pharmacia Sinica. 2011;2(2):299-304.
- ShanishAntony.A. SindhuraGudluru, Biswajith Pal, R.Vadivelan,M.N.Satishkumar,K.Elango, Suresh.B. Indomethacin, Nifedipine and its combination produced anti parkinson’s activity in 6-OHDA lesionedrat model. International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy. 2010;1(4):1-3.
- Shanishantony.A. Jayashankar.K,ParthaDebRoy, Vedpal, Vadivelan.R.,Elango.K and Suresh.B. Antiasthmatic activity of the root of desmodiumgangeticum DC. AdvPharmacolToxicol: Vol.11 (2) 2010, 09-18.
- RamachandranVadivelan, DipanjanMandal, UmashankarPayyavula, DhanapalPalaniswamy, KannanElango,SureshBhojaraj. Diabetes associateddyslipidemia:Management. Der PharmaChemica 2010;2(4):213-218.
- Shanishantony, Jayasankar, Partha Deb Roy, Vadivelan R, Satishkumar MN, Elango K. Pharmacological Biomolecular investigations of a polyherbal formulation (AAF-6) for its anti-asthmatic activity . International Journal of Green Pharmacy. 2010; 4(4): 257-264.
- Shanishantony, Sindhura G, Biswajith P, Vadivelan R, Satishkumar MN, Elango K, Suresh B. Indomethacin, Nifedipine and its combination produced anti Parkinson’s activity in 6-OHDA lesioned rat model. International Journal of Comprehensive Pharmacy: 4(5). 2010; 4(5): 1-3.
- Vadivelan R, DipanjanMandal, Umasankar P, Dhanabal P, Elango K, Suresh B. Diabetes associated dyslipidemia management. Der PharmaChemica: 2(4), 2010, 213-218.
- Vadivelan R, Mohan Patil,A. Raghuram,Shanish Antony, Elango K and Suresh B. Healing effect of AyaChendooram on acetic acid induced chronic ulcer model in rats, International Journal of Pharmacology and Biological Sciences: Vol.4 (1) 2010,87-92.
- S.Jubie, PranabeshSikdar,R.Kalirajan,B.Gowramma,S.Gomathy, S.Sankar and K.Elango.Synthesis and antimicrobial activity of some ciprofloxacin analogues. Journal of Pharmacy Research, 3(3),2010,511-513.
- J.Suresh, K.Elango, S.P. Dhanabal, N.Paramakrishnan, B.Suresh. Pharmacognostical evaluation of Artemisia abrotanum Linn. HamdardMedicus, 52(2), 2009, 132-140.
- Synthesis and Antimicrobial evaluation of some 2-Azetidinone derivatives. S.Jubie, B.Gowramma, NitinK.Muthal, R.Kalirajan, S. and K.Elango. International Journal of ChemTech Research, 1(2), 2009, 153-157.
- Synthesis and biological evaluation of some 2-Azetidinone derivatives. S.Jubie, B.Gowramma, NitinK.Muthul, R.Kalirajan, S.Gomathy and K.Elango. International Journal of Chem. Tech. Research, 1(2), 2009, 153-157.
- S.Jubie, B.Gowramma, K.M.Nitin, N.Jawahar,R.Kalirajan, S.Gomathy, S.Sankar and K.Elango.Synthesis and biological evaluation of some 3- (methoxy phenyl)-2-aryl thiazolidin-4-one. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 1(1), 2009, 32-38.
- D.NagasamyVenkatesh, N.Jawahar, G.N.K.Ganesh, R.Sureshkumar, V.Senthil,M.K.Samanta and K.Elango. Development and invitro evaluation of theophylline matrix tablet containing hydrophilic polymer as release retardant. International journal of pharmaceutical science and Nanotechnology,2(1) April-June-2009,370-376.
- R.Vadivelan, K.Elango, M.N.Satishkumar, A.ShanishAntony,S.Bhadra,A.Raghuram and B.Suresh. Biochemical studies on the antiulcerogenic potential of Rubuselipticus, Int. J. Chem. Sci: 6(4)2008, 2182-2188.
- R.Vadivelan,P.Rajeshkumar, S.Bhadra, A.Raghuram, A.Shanish, K.Elango and B.Suresh. Antimicrobial evaluation of the ethanoloc root extract of Rubusellipticus, The Pharmacist: 3(1), 2008, 19-21.
- R.Vadivelan,K.Elango,B.Suresh, M.N.Satishkumar,Shanish Antony, and P.Mallika. Pharmacological evaluation of Siddha drugs (Saranai root choornam,Chithiramoolakuligaipadikaraparpam) for their anti ulcer activity, International Journal of Pharmacology and Biological Sciences: Vol.2 (1) 2008,143-146.
- A.Shanish Antony, B.SamuelThavamani, S.Gomathy, E.P.Kumar, R.Vadivelan,K.Elango and B.Suresh.Anti-inflammatory activity of Myristicafragrans roots in Wistar rats, Adv.Pharmacol.Toxicol: Vol.9 (2) 2008,73-76.
- M.N. Satish Kumar, P.Pavan Kumar, S.Badami, Saraswathi B Patil, K.Elango, T. Subburaju, K.Chinnaswamy, and B. Suresh. Pre-coital and post-coital anti-implantation and abortifacient activities of Aristolochiabracteolata Lam. Aerial parts. J Natural Med 2007, 61: 302-306.
- V.Ravichandran, B.Suresh, M.N.Satish Kumar, K.Elango, R.Srinivasan. Antifertility activity of hydroalcoholic extract of Ailanthus excelsa (Roxb): An ethnomedicines used by tribals of Nilgiris region in Tamilnadu. J Ethnopharmacol 2007, 112: 189-191.
- V.Ravichandran, B.Suresh, M.N.Satish Kumar, K.Elango, R.Srinivasan. Antifertility action of hydroalcoholic extract of MoringaconcansenisNimmo: An ethnomedicines used by tribals of Nilgiris region in Tamilnadu. Orien Pharm Exp Med 2007, 7(2):1-7.
- DhanabalPalanisamy, Syamala, ElangoKannan and Suresh Bhojraj. Protective and therapeutic effect of the Indian medicinal plant Pterocarpuissantalinus Linn on D-galactosamine induced liver damage. Asian Journal of Traditional Medicine 2 (Vol 2) (2007) 51-57.
- S.P.Dhanapal, KokateC.K.Ramanathan M. Elango .KT.Subburajand Manimaran and B.Suresh, Protective role of sub fractions from fenugreek seeds in alloxan diabetes mellitus in rats. Hamdardmedicus (Karachi, Pakistan) Vol.XLVII, No.3, July-Sept 2004, 29-32.
- A composition for treating Swine-flu and a process for formulating the same. Application No 2512/CHE/2011.
- Solid lipid composition of Olanzipine for enhanced oral solubility. Application No 2194/CHE/2010.
- Nanoemulsion Composition containing Atorvastatin for enhanced oral bioavailability. Application No 2203/CHE/2010.
- A naturally derived gelling agent and its uses thereof in the preparation of pharmaceutical gels. Application No 1100/CHE/2006.
- K Elango. Opportunities in Pharma sector.Careers 360. July 2011. Page no. 64.
Contribution to the Institution:
- Conducted research audits for postgraduate students and PhD scholars in presence of Vice Chancellor, Director Research and all heads of the departments to discuss and improve the quality of research with constructive criticism.
- Initiated the collaborative research with JSS medical college, Mysore in the area of psoriasis with Dr. Basavaraj
- Initiated the collaborative research with JSS ayurvedic medical college and hospital, Mysore for both postgraduate and PhD students from Pharmacology and Pharmaceutics departments.
- Motivated the staff to publish scientific articles in peer reviewed National and International journals with good impact factor.
- Motivated the staff and students to participate and present their research papers in various conferences.
- Staff weremotivated to apply for various funding agencies to attract more grants for research and scholars were also motivated to apply for research fellowships under various schemes of sponsored agencies which has reflected in the presentation of 12th governing body meeting.
- Conducted lectures with the adjunct faculty of our JSS University, Dr. Krishna kumar, Haword University to write quality projects to attract funds from National and International societies.
- Academic and research interaction was initiated with National Institute of Siddha, Chennai and Government Siddha medical college, Palayamkottai.
Innovative plans introduced:
- WHO fellowship recipient – Dr. Khin, Director of medical research from Upper Myanmar worked from March –April 2011.
- To collaborate with military hospital, Wellington for the extension of medical facility services.
- Steps have been initiated to attract consultancy services from industries like Apex laboratories, Chennai and Arjuna Naturals, Kerala.
- Signed MOU with M/s. Biocon for Pharmacological validation, formulation and bioequivalence studies.
- The Nigerian FDA team NAFEDAC has visited the Drug testing laboratory and inspected for sending samples in near future for analysis.
- As a Chairman, Board of studies, JSSU, framed the B.Pharm syllabus curriculum for first time and it has been revised in the last year with more industrial oriented subject knowledge.
- Certificate programme for UG and PG students.
- PG diploma for PG students.
- Integrated PG and PhD programme within 5 years.
- Promoting International clinical practice exposure for Pharmacy practice students.
- Importance given to industrial exposure to PG students to acquire more practical knowledge.
- Research topics were selected based on the input/interest shown by the industries thereby both institution and industry get the benefit.
- Visited University of Regensburg, Germany and interacted with professor EgghardWoller on Indo-German bilateral exchange programme on the topic “Tageting macromolecular polymeric pro-drugs for site specific delivery”
- To insist the staff to present their published research papers all staff members and to discuss in depth how to publish a quality paper in good impact factor journal within two weeks of publication.
- To discuss with the staff members and to select list of quality journals need to be published instead publishing more number of journals in no impact factor journals.
- To obtain National Accreditation Board of Laboratories (NABL) accreditation.
- To collaborate with Indian Pharmacopoeia commission, Ghaziabad.
- United States Pharmacopoeia – India chapter.
- National Research Development Council (NRDC).
- To introduce a new integrated programmeM.Pharm-PhD in drug discovery with the departments of Pharmacognosy, Phytopharmacy&Phytomedicine and Pharmaceutical chemistry.
- To apply to DST for clinical research in specific disease condition to obtain major fund with Inter Departmental and Inter Institutionalcollaoration– JSS medical college, Mysore for clinical research and Dept. of Botany, University of Madras from selection of plant to final formulation.
|Sl.No||Title of the project||Position||Amount||Agency|
Lead finding of acetyl cholinesterase and butyryl cholinesterase inhibitors from siddha medicinal plants
Rs. 29.99 lakhs
CCRS under EMR scheme, Dept. of AYUSH
Screening of selected siddha herbals for acetyl cholinesterase and Butyryl cholinesterase inhibitory activity
Rs. 18,000 per month
ICMR under SRF scheme